EventGhostPlus (2 Viewers)

DaBIGOne

Portal Pro
January 16, 2012
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hello,

I am having some trouble with character set in the UNICODE payload of the message sent to Eventghost: when MP plays a file which name contains extended caracters, the filename in the payload is displayed incorrectly in Eventghost (or sent incorrectly by EventghostPlus: I don't know which must be blamed :-D )

Example of message received by Eventghost from EventghostPlus:
TCP.MediaPortal.Music.Play ['192.168.0.1', u'\\\\DISQUERESEAU\\Nos documents\\Nos musiques\\Julien Dor?\\Bichon\\06 - Julien Dor? - Laisse Avril.flac', u'Pop/Rock', u'']

You were right... Silly me converted the whole line to ASCII before sending it, naturally I should send only the commands in ASCII and the Payloads shouldn't be encoded.
This was only buggy on network send, local setting is working correctly.

You'll now get codes like \xe9 for "é" character sent over the network, if you use the variable or print it, it will display correctly.

You can update (to version 1.1.3.5) through Media Portal Extentions Installer (MPEI) or you can download it from repository.

Last edited:

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi DaBIGOne,
    I cannot find EventGhostPlus in MediaPortal Extensions Installer at all. I'm using MediaPortal 1.9.0 and unchecked show only stable and only compatible.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi DaBIGOne,
    I cannot find EventGhostPlus in MediaPortal Extensions Installer at all. I'm using MediaPortal 1.9.0 and unchecked show only stable and only compatible.
    I don't think it was ever added there. I recall he asked me how that needs to be done, but i have no clue about that system :(

wawa79

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Niort
    Home Country
    France France
    You were right... Silly me converted the whole line to ASCII before sending it, naturally I should send only the commands in ASCII and the Payloads shouldn't be encoded.

You'll now get codes like \xe9 for "é" character sent over the network, if you use the variable or print it, it will display correctly.

You can update (to version 1.1.3.5) through Media Portal Extentions Installer (MPEI) or you can download it from repository.
    Thank you so much for the fast fix. EvenghostPlus is a really valuable extension to interact easily with Mediaportal, and especially with my Homeseer automation software.
    I hope you continue extending and improving the messages (for example, I miss the channel played when playing a recording or live TV)

I am working at the moment with the Music.Play message to get on the fly" tagging of currently played track or album using the remote which is convenient to rate music, set a mood tag or update the genre tag for example. Eventghost is writing the tag in the file, in the MP database and in the Mediamonkey database and keeps all this nicely synched!

DaBIGOne

Portal Pro
    January 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi DaBIGOne,
    It's not in the base of MPEI, it will only show in MPEI if you have downloaded and installed the plugin manually.
    I don't know how to request to have my plugin added to MPEI by default.[DOUBLEPOST=1415363911][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Thank you so much for the fast fix. EvenghostPlus is a really valuable extension to interact easily with Mediaportal, and especially with my Homeseer automation software.
    I hope you continue extending and improving the messages (for example, I miss the channel played when playing a recording or live TV)

I am working at the moment with the Music.Play message to get on the fly" tagging of currently played track or album using the remote which is convenient to rate music, set a mood tag or update the genre tag for example. Eventghost is writing the tag in the file, in the MP database and in the Mediamonkey database and keeps all this nicely synched!

You are very welcome, and yes: Eventghost is a genius tool immensly powerful if you know what you are doing :)

As Uncle Ben told Peter Parker: "With great power comes great responsibility"

wawa79

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Niort
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,

I am having some trouble with character set in the UNICODE payload of the message sent to Eventghost: when MP plays a file which name contains extended caracters, the filename in the payload is displayed incorrectly in Eventghost (or sent incorrectly by EventghostPlus: I don't know which must be blamed :-D )

Example of message received by Eventghost from EventghostPlus:
    TCP.MediaPortal.Music.Play ['192.168.0.1', u'\\\\DISQUERESEAU\\Nos documents\\Nos musiques\\Julien Dor?\\Bichon\\06 - Julien Dor? - Laisse Avril.flac', u'Pop/Rock', u'']

Hello,

I am just realizing now I have probably a similar issue when using SendMessage from Eventghost:
    when I run a SendMessage action in Eventghost (from the Mediaportal Message Sender plugin) with accented characters, they are also replaced by '?' in the MP popup message.

I tried to run it from Python script:
    the title resulting from eg.plugins.MPMessageSender.SendMessage('Title: ééé', '', '', 5, image) is 'Title: ???' on MP side.

Can you help again?

Thank you!

MaxMan23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi DaBIGOne,

i want to switch to MP2, so could you create a plugin for MP2 please? :)
    Have you got any plans for it?

MaxMan23

wawa79

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Niort
    Home Country
    France France
    Still playing with EvenghostPlus and found another minor issue :censored:...
    When the Window.Activate event is triggered, the 3rd item of the payload (the name of the window being activated in MP) is surrounded by double-quotes:
    TCP.MediaPortal.Window.Activate ['192.168.0.1', u'0', u'"myHome"']
    Not a big deal but might be worth being fixed also with next update.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom