exit MePo while Playback crash the MyFilms-DB (2 Viewers)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Not known AFAIK - at least I can't recall it being reported. And I cannot reproduce it.

Please attach your MyFilms.log and any error.log files from MP so @Guzzi can try to identify the cause of the problem. It would help if you can remember the exact steps - such as , were you near the end of the playback? Was it paused? Were you in full screen? etc. Log files should show most of that info, but steps to reproduce are usually essential for solving issues.

When you say 'crash the MyFilms-DB' do you mean you can no longer open/read it? Is the XML file still the same size? Can you see anything corrupted if you view it in a text/xml editor?

BTW MyFilms normally creates a backup of your catalog/db in your catalog folder - so you can probably revert to that if needed.

catalpa

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    two times in the last day, i fight with stuttering 24p movies and playback the same movies for testing.
    i don't remember if i pause the playback or simply click the "close-X" on the top bar while running.
    After that the MyFilms.xml file was brocken, only a few movies are left, the file decrease form 4 MB to 136k.

i copy the logs later.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    If you get the problem repeatedly, please post logs of such an incident - maybe it tells us, what happens. Seems, that there was write access when closing MP - could be the stopping playback, that is calling the playback ended handler which tries to update the DB - if the process is killed (or MP already partially down) while it is writing to the DB, this can cause corruption. If you "only" closed - and not killed - MP, it might be possible to force MP waiting until writeback is finished - but all this only possible, if we can reproduce it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who wrote that code know what the log entries mean, but those developers have long since retired from the MP team.) I regret to say that I think that you will have to use the "brute force" method to track down...
    I have looked at your log files, but as usual they are unintelligible gobbledegook. (I am sure that the original developers who...
    Sometimes when displaying the OSD whilst playing a recorded TV show the video freezes and the sound continues for about 30 seconds...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    That was it! :) I had to set it to "Maintain display scaling". I think it was set to "Maintain Aspect Ratio", which added black bars to MediaPortal when playing videos that didn't conform to a strict 16:9 ratio, I suppose. Thanks to everyone for the patience and help, I can finally enjoy videos fully.
    That was it! :) I had to set it to "Maintain display scaling". I think it was set to "Maintain Aspect Ratio", which added black...
    I'm running MePo in 1080p to my 4K TV (because my Intel NUC HTPC ain't powerful enough to run in 4K) and for some videos, I see...
    Replies
    Views
    Strange ...
    Strange ...
    Updated MP client from 1.29 to 1.32. Kept Titan skin same as previously; very standard no Extended etc (afaik). The TV menu item...
    Replies
    Views
    Yes. I've just this minute found the cause of the problem; though I haven't found the exact line of configuration that caused it. I am using a centrally configured system, meaning that some configuration files are stored centrally and are not overridden when installing new versions. It would seem that 1.31 had a change in...
    Yes. I've just this minute found the cause of the problem; though I haven't found the exact line of configuration that caused it...
    Since I installed 1.31 .wtv files display in the top left-hand quadrant of the screen instead of the whole screen. Is this a known...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom