Extensions: A GUI Plugin for MediaPortal's MPEI Installer (3 Viewers)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Rochess.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I can confirm latest download installed fine for me.
    One nit picky point ;) - Changelog says
    Fixed a bug in Extension GUI Settings where the default settings for a plugin will be loaded instead of the user settings. This occurred if the Skin did not have the 'Restore Defaults' button defined.
    However 'Restore Defaults' button is not defined in any of the provided skin files :confused: - not that I can access the menu in Default wide in Settings screen anyways ;)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Another picky point - if a plugin is disabled in MP Config the strings still display but not populated (in all skins I checked) and enabling the extension in the Settings screen does not seem to help (see screenshot)

Attachments

• ExtensiosnSettings.jpg
      ExtensiosnSettings.jpg
      152.8 KB

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    'Restore Defaults' button is not defined in any of the provided skin files :confused: - not that I can access the menu in Default wide in Settings screen anyways

Yeah, I haven't defined it in the DefaultWide skins on MP1.3+ (they were there for 1.2 I believe).

Anyway, if you want to add it, the control is a button with ID 3, it's not mandatory which is one of the reasons it wasn't included.

The Section Control (ID=2), is used for accessing multiple pages of properties (see OnlineVideos as an example). If there are no section pages, then the button is disabled and most likely inaccessible/unknown to the user if its hidden in a side menu.

Hint: if you want to access the 'Restore Defaults' button (ID=3) but you have your navigation from facade set to the Sections Button (ID=2), be sure to correctly define the OnLeft/OnRight navigation of this button so it falls through to the Sections button when its disabled. The Skin Engine should look for the next logical control but depending on position this can make it confused so be sure to explicitly define the navigation.

Last edited:

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Another picky point - if a plugin is disabled in MP Config the strings still display but not populated (in all skins I checked) and enabling the extension in the Settings screen does not seem to help (see screenshot)
    Unfortunately we rely on the Plugins translations, if its disabled then the translation class of the corresponding plugin is not initialized.

Guess we would need to set some hardcoded strings as well in the settings xml so those can be read as a fallback. Thanks for reporting.

msj33

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2005
    Home Country
    England England
    Feature request:
    Online account to save plugin profile+settings.

Reinstall, Format or even get new hard - Install MePo, and every plugin from profile is downloaded - importing settings can be optional.

/Morten

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom