Failed Recording Daily (1 Viewer)

Steven Piazza

Portal Member
September 21, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
@NM1352000 - The successful program record today took place from 8:58AM EST. WCBS-HD. The Queen Latifah Show.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

Well, there's certainly no obvious indication of signal strength/quality issues. The logs show you also seem to experience the problem with other channels on other occasions, without any apparent pattern that might give a hint for the cause.

I have seen similar issues before with the ATSC/clear-QAM HDHR, but usually only with scanning. However I do have one prominent recollection of similar issues with normal tuning too:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...intermittently-with-mediaportal-1-6-0.124227/

Summary from that thread: try to set preferred network provider to "ATSC" instead of "generic".
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/02_TV_Servers#Edit_Tuner_Settings

You'll need to do that for both tuners.

Please let me know how you get on. I'll be very interested to know the result...

Regards,
    mm

Steven Piazza

Portal Member
    September 21, 2014
    Home Country
    Thank you for analyzing the logs. I made the preferred network provider change and will monitor.
    I want to let you know that in the past, I would frequently have an issue with tuning to a channel immediately on first use of the MP application (TV ON). after first launching the application and both tuners were idle. Basically the software couldn't pickup a stream. Would receive a warning of "no signal". It wasn't until I flipped around channels via the guide that signal would kick in and then every channel works was viewable and channel changes flawless. Kind of annoying but it didn't affect all of my scheduled recording (other than the WCBS Late Show issue)

After making the ATSC change you recommended...after opening the application and turning TV ON, no issue locking on signal first attempt.
    I will let you if you solution is a perm fix and gives me some consistency back to live viewing and scheduled recordings.

Thank you for the excellent and responsive support.

Steven Piazza

Portal Member
    September 21, 2014
    Home Country
    @mm1352000 A quick update. The scheduled recordings have been doing great. Your solution appears to have fixed the problem. Since applying the fix, the signal lock has been consistent. I'm giving it a few more days of weekday recordings to ensure complete confirmation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom