Fanart downolad not working (1 Viewer)

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
December 31, 2011
Specs:

Mediaportal 1.3
MyFilms 6.0.3
Skin: Default Wide

I use the hidden menu option to download fanarts. I do not use AMC updater for that. All of a sudden, fanart downloading does not work anymore: I only get the option "Manual selection". And yes, I know there must be fanarts for that movies. Besides, it happens for all movies now. I don't remember having done anything which could trigger this behaviour. Log is attached, I hope you guys can find a solution.

Last edited:

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
December 31, 2011
Hi catavolt,
thanks for replying. Is there any way for a plain user like myself to change it, I mean an option or so ?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Bad news - I checked and can confirm - MyFilms uses TMDB for fanart (and other stuff) - and a quick search reveals, that the v2.1 API was discontinued on september 15th.
    I already added some API v3 support for the latest stuff added, but did not yet replace all existing areas.
    You can add an issue to the tracker, will then replace old API with new API for next version.
    Note: AMCU uses the same TMDB 2.1 API, so will be also affected for fanart...

tano_grasa

Portal Pro
    December 31, 2011
    Hi Guzzi,

well, yes, it's bad news. Fortunately it is still possible to let MyFilms generate Fanarts from the movie file...

Harald63

Portal Member
    December 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Could you please estimate, when this issue is solved?

And what are other people doing now in the meanwhile, when they have to import fanart? Is there an alternative solution?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Could you please estimate, when this issue is solved?
    Plan was to release an update before christmas, but due to my current personal situation I doubt I can :-(.
    However, I was working last weekend on that issue and basically updated the subsystem, it'll still need some finetuning and testing - but just to let you know something is happening...

And what are other people doing now in the meanwhile, when they have to import fanart? Is there an alternative solution?
    I personally currently live without it (will do a global fanart update, when it is working again), some ppl do it manually, some use nfo grabber and get fanart from external mediamangers afaik.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    One 'trick' - If you test the upcoming features for 6.1.0 (available by enabling test mode in 6.0.3) - if the movie is listed on TMDb under
    Popular Movies, Top Rated, Upcoming, or Now Playing and you select that Online Info View in MyFilms it downloads fanart, but only one image IIRC. It took me a while to realize fanart download was broken because MF had already downloaded fanart for most of the new movies I added. I was wondering why grabbing was so much faster! :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom