[solved] Fanart Manager (1 Viewer)

roedler86

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2015
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hey guys,

I'm facing some trouble with the included Fanart Manager. For a couple of days I don't get any Backdrops/fanarts for any movie.

Even for the movies I already downloaded the backdrops I only get the "****** Manual selection *****" after hiting the "Download fanart (selected film)" button now.

But if I download the fanart manually and place the image to the fanart-folders, i do get the backdrops in mediaportal/My Films...

I guess there were some changes on the themoviedb-api or so... I there a fix or what can I do?

Thanks in advance...

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I can confirm. Reason is, that the TMDB-API key used has been revoked - I have requested a new one already, but this requires a new build of MyFilms.

donpipo

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I can confirm. Reason is, that the TMDB-API key used has been revoked - I have requested a new one already, but this requires a new build of MyFilms.

Thanks, Guzzi for your answer.

While a solution is found I am trying to incorporate obtaining fanarts function through my script. I am using Multifanarts field and as you can see in the screenshot I get the fanarts separated by commas. I also indicate in AMC that I wish to obtain the fanarts from the script with a maximum of 3 units.

Nevertheless it does not work, I do not get any fanart.

Can anyone give me a hint?

Clipboard Image.jpg

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

Thanks, Guzzi for your answer.

While a solution is found I am trying to incorporate obtaining fanarts function through my script. I am using Multifanarts field and as you can see in the screenshot I get the fanarts separated by commas.
    It is quite a long time ago that I used this feature, but iirc, the grabbed fields need to provide the path to the picture for download - habe a look what the preview shows you for the grabbing - and maybe also check the full grab preview.
    I also indicate in AMC that I wish to obtain the fanarts from the script with a maximum of 3 units.
    iirc, AMCU does not use the fanarts definitions from grabber scripts, but only the internal TMDB grabbing. Script based definitions can be used within the plugin via context menu, where you can select scripts as source.

Nevertheless it does not work, I do not get any fanart.

Can anyone give me a hint?
    Sorry, no better hint from me.
    I could provide a test version of MyFilms in a testing post - issue is, that due to the close of google code, many changes had been done and I made some restructuring of the name spaces, so other plugins might need recompile too (iirc. I had to do it for trailers plugin, maybe trakt) - so I can't simply push this update. I also have to set dependencies for other related plugins to hiugher version.

donpipo

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thank you, Guzzi.

Isn't it possible that TMDB staff actives the same key again and everything comes back to normal?

PS: MyFilms is an essential plugin for MediaPortal. If you have secretly made a new version with new features you have a crowd of fans willing to test it.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Thank you, Guzzi.

Isn't it possible that TMDB staff actives the same key again and everything comes back to normal?
    I can write a mail to Travis (founder of TMDB) - actually, I was trying to evaluate from where the key initially came - but didn't find anything - I assume, it is a key Zebons added to MyFilms long ago.
    PS: MyFilms is an essential plugin for MediaPortal. If you have secretly made a new version with new features you have a crowd of fans willing to test it.
    Unfortunaley no new features - I have some things in the queue I work on from time to time, but time was very limited recently. But there is many things to be fixed due to the move - e.g. the automatic grabber script updates have to me changed to ude github instead of googlecode etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom