Fast forwarding HD TV black screen (1 Viewer)

Neild7744

Portal Pro
July 25, 2013
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Has anyone else had the issue on MP 1.6 with either recorded HD TV or paused HD TV...when I try to fast forward any HD content my screen goes blank, yet I can hear audio ok? I have to rewind slightly for the picture to return? this does not happen on SD TV, series or any of my movies. I've reset and played around with my graphics card settings and codec settings within MP, but still haven't solved this yet?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

I've noticed you've posted several threads about FF:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/cannot-fast-forward-hdtv.123393/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/fast-forward-hdtv-blank-screen.123922/

...and now this one.
    I get that you haven't received an answer and that can be frustrating. However, please don't double post - it likely won't help you get an answer and it is frustrating for moderators. Better to keep bumping your original thread... and possibly accept that an answer won't be forthcoming. Not all questions get an answer - that's just life.

On topic: FF/RW behaviour is format, codec and speed dependent... and possibly GPU and GPU driver dependent too. In other words, its an extremely complex subject. I can't emphasize the complexity enough. Given that you haven't posted logs in any of your threads about FF, nobody has any idea which codecs or driver version you're using, what speed you're trying to use etc. etc. etc. Basically our hands are tied due to lack of information. Having said that, to be honest even if we had all that information I'm not sure you'd get a response. I could probably count the number of people in the team that may be able to comment on threads like this on one hand. Those people are generally very busy. Investigating a report like this would be time consuming. Hence, you may continue to get no response. As above: I accept that may be frustrating. Just trying to give some insight and set expectations.

If you want to give yourself the best chance of getting a response, at least make sure your system specs are up to date and post logs:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

That's a standard requirement for any threads like this.
    While you're waiting for a response I'd suggest to try different codecs... and if you're using FF for skipping ads, maybe try skip steps and/or comskip. In my experience skip steps are very reliable and efficient. I quickly learned ad breaks here are 3m 45 seconds long so I can skip accordingly.

mm

Neild7744

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2013
    Home Country
    Just a quick update. Fixed this issue. Going into 'LAV filters' in mediaportal configuration for video setting I ticked the option for 'use stream aspect ratio' and left 'threads for multi threading' to 'auto', HD playback is fine, scanning through live tv is fine.

Thanks again

Neild7744

Portal Pro
    July 25, 2013
    Home Country
    Maybe not soo promising. Fresh install of windows 7 and mp 1.6 with the settings mentioned above and back to problems again! Will try again to look at this when I get chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom