File Explorer (2 Viewers)

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    This means - Compatibility with Mediaportal 1.2.0 alpha and after it works on mp1.6 to ?
    It will work even with mp 1.99999999999 if they didn't bump plugin api version which was done last time in 1.2.0 alpha when plugin compatibility was introduced ;)

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Edalex:

I have a feature request.. It would be nice if File Explorer can do it's tasks in the background.. When I try to copy a big file with FileExplorer, it takes a long time to finish the job and I can't do anything in MediaPortal..

What do you think?

BTW: I'm still busy with new skinfiles for Titan! (y)

PS: One other small request.. With the previous version it was possible to change the name of the plugin, but that part seems to be removed.. Can you fix that? :)

Last edited:

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    @Edalex:
    I have a feature request.. It would be nice if File Explorer can do it's tasks in the background.. When I try to copy a big file with FileExplorer, it takes a long time to finish the job and I can't do anything in MediaPortal..
    What do you think?
    Well...
    What about the feature of copying or moving big files from one folder to another folder in the background? Is this working now?

olli14
    Not yet but planned.
    Is there a way that file Explorer can copy in background ? And when he finished the work a message pops up and notice that.

Maybe edelax can do something?
    Did you try to read previous page?
    No but now. Thanks for answer, so i have to wait and hope it works !!
    ToDo
    Moving copying to background

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Np. :)
    I stucked with the thought to make special overlay like MusicOverlay so after leaving plugin screen we could see copying process stats where we have song and artist name usually. But I didn't do much research in this and I'm afraid it will require <import> possible FileOverlay in skin files :(
    Also I din't know what to do if both music paying and file is copying at the same time. And stucking means I can't tihnk of any other ideas of its look.

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    It's up-to-date except screenshots. No new features besides adding mp-tvseries and moving pictures shares and browsing network was added.

blue sky

Portal Member
    February 4, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have a feature request ( or maybe it is already possible to do this). Could there be an option to use File Explorer as a browser in a manner similar to the file tree you find in some file managers? You would have the top-level folders in the left hand menu, and as you pause on one folder, the subfolders and files within that folder would be automatically displayed in the right hand menu. This would make for quicker browsing, instead of having to actually go into each folder to see what is there. I think it would be ideal, though, if the video shares view in MP had this type of browsing available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom