[FIXED] No CD cover displayed in the HomeBasic (1 Viewer)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I think most of mine came from fanart handler.

In basic home there is logic to switch the album and artist images in an animation, this logic (skin condition) is failing most likely.

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Found the issue, for some reason this fails now when being evaluated by the skin engine:
    Code:
    string.equals(#Play.Current.thumb,)

This means check if '#Play.Current.thumb' is empty (because the value after the comma is an empty.string. Now I have seen some wacky expressions omitting the comma when checking for an empty string:

Code:
    string.equals(#Play.Current.thumb)

What do you know, it works! It should be an epic fail in my opinion as that is not a valid expression. I have no idea why the above expression no longer works in MediaPortal 1.6...and you know what's even weirder? It only fails when used in BasicHome, it works in other overlays !!!!!.

Solution:
    1. Edit the file common.basichome.overlay.xml
    2. Replace "string.equals(#Play.Current.thumb,)" with "string.equals(#Play.Current.thumb)"

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I had to re-work the conditions all together and throw aways checks using 'string.equals(#Play.Current.thumb)', because that fails under some scenarios and my old one worked! So for consistency everywhere I removed them, they were there for a reason but im not going to get into that so in next version it should all just work although not the best implementation.

axlt2002

Portal Pro
    September 20, 2012
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    You have changed the thread title in the correct way ltfearme!!!! I have just updated the skin and the bug has disappeared!!!! ;)

Thanks a lot for your kind help!!! (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at all. I just wanted to: understand current Status & Situation understand my Options for a stable System improve my Knowledge & learn from Experts Especially because your limited Dev Resources and the...
    I am Sure the Issues will be fixed towards a stable. NET6 Version. Please don't get me wrong - My Intent was not any Complaint at...
    Hello Folks, Yesterday I upgraded to Mediaportal 2.5 via uninstalling 2.4.1 first and then install the latest .NET6 Variant of...
    Replies
    Views
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because the movie list is splitted into chunks of a specified size and responses for each chunk are concentrated into the result list :) private async Task<string> GenerateResponseWithGPT(string searchQuery...
    So far I needed to limit the media items to respect the token limit of ChatGPT. Now the complete media items can be used, because...
    Hi, I'm planning to write a plugin for MediaPortal 2, that supports users to find the right media items with help of AI...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 [News] MediaPortal 2 - 2.5 Release DE
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    Will be version 2.5.1 ready quite soon? I read somewhere it will be a bugfix release, no new features are probably not in focus.
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.5 MediaPortal 2.5 is a full-blown media center software that addresses most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    I have recently updated from MP 1.30 to 1.31 on a Win 11 PC slightly different to your software set up but given Win 10 is still supported I doubt there are many major differences regarding the ".NET Runtime Optimization Service". On my setup I am not seeing any significant CPU usuage MP takes around 3% and the TV Service is...
    I have recently updated from MP 1.30 to 1.31 on a Win 11 PC slightly different to your software set up but given Win 10 is still...
    Hi, I have a single seat setup with MP 1.31 on a Win10 machine. Since the last automated Windows update the TV-Service produces a...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom