Forgive me for i have sinned - MP Vs Competition (1 Viewer)

kaigame

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 9, 2005
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    So i am, still running Mediaportal, and yes i have just tried to leave, probably for the wrong reasons i might add but nevermind.

btw, any comments made regarding developers and code are my opinion, i can't code, i can't do it better myself, and i accept that! :)

For a while now, i've been looking for a solution to cover my online streaming needs, whatever they might be, and cover all the basic media basics that my system needs:
    1) Play physical Media - BluRay/DVD
    2) Access local storage
    3) not crash too often

I've just upgraded both my storage and my HTPC, and was looking for ways to maximise the potential of both, why i thought that would be away from MP i don't know.

So I have Mediaportal and another unspecified media centre type app running on my system, admittedly the other one has access to more online(less than legitimate) video resources, but the stability of the app isn't fantastic, constant crashes(probably due to plugins), restrictive default settings for object organisation, My Soundgraph VFD doesn't work as well.

All in all, i missed certain plugins:
    My Anime 3 (lwerndly is a genius)
    Onlinevideos (offbyone is the group i think, again genius!)
    (not a plugin) Ability to sort my movies by File Path, which puts HD movies first!

I think it's safe to say that these two plugins determine what HTPC software i use, and as they are MP only, as far as i know, then i'm sticking.

So after multiple crashes, fiddling with rigid scrapers, renaming every video file i own, changing skins, etc, i found myself back with Mediaportal, and everything is right with the world.

When My Anime is released for MP2, then i'll consider moving, other than that, i'll stick with what i know and what i'm comfortable with.

Thanks everyone for making MP so awesome, long may it continue!

kaigame

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 9, 2005
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    I mean, how could you possibly tell what i was talking about, i gave no clue whatsoever, you must me psychic! :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom