Frame dropping due to IFC? (1 Viewer)

avee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 8, 2008
    Hi, I seem to be getting regular frame drops when IFC is active. The first 5-10 minutes will be ok, but then I get numerous stutters. This happens both on stored videos and DVDs. I have checked my screen refresh rates, driver interrupts, codecs, you name it, but the only thing I can pin it on is IFC. IFC on: problem appears, IFC off: no problems.

I am using the latest official releases of MP and IFC. MP runs on win XP SP3.

Is there anything in the IFC configuration I should be looking at?

avee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 8, 2008
    Tried disabling just the black bar scan, but it doesn't work. The only thing that helps is to disable the GUI plugin of IFC.

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can't confirm that (tested with Nvidia, AMD and Intel gfx cards) and thats an unresolved problem that some people have.

But you said when you disable the window plugin IFC GUI, thats make no sense, cause the GUI is just the window configuration within MP.

The stuttering should stop when you do the following:

Set auto start to disabled, then IFC is disabled until you press F4 (default Key) and choose snapshot.

Johnny M.

Portal Member
    January 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    thanks for the advice. I also had a lot of stuttering/dropped frames on my SDTV (liveTV/Recordings), when I set it to use PDVD (SAF) with DXVA.
    I searched everything, changing codecs, putting extra memory in, changing the GPU settings, etc.
    As I had no problems with my Videos I never suspected IFC to be the problem. Finally when disabling auto start in IFC my problems where solved.

jan

Johnny M.

Portal Member
    January 27, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I believe my Graphics card was initially set to 128mb, and I changed it to 256mb.
    Maybe the reason why my videos never experienced any stuttering is that I only use divx. So in my case TV recordings are lager files to process then videos.

jan

Marvman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 14, 2007
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I tested with 128 and even with 256 and it should work though, nevermind, good that your setup is working fine now.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

I'm afraid to say I have the same issue...

Running an Nvidia ION2 (I believe it has 512MB of video RAM??)

Every 3.5 seconds (or whatever I set the interval to) I get dropped frames while it analyses the frame(s).

By disabling the black bar scanner it solves the issue.

I believe you produced a version that required less resources to do the check?

Thanks,

J.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom