Freeze after standby and crash on playback problems with 1.8 (1 Viewer)

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If this was a simple Windows driver issue, it should not be possible to call any other entry in the start menu.
    In order to resume successfully MP has to be able to understand/interpret/handle the sequence of HDMI device disconnect/connect messages delivered by Windows. My understanding is that the source of the triggers for these messages is the GPU driver. That is why I'm pointing the finger in that direction.

If this is a Driver Problem our only hope is that the Option "Wait x on Resume" is coming back in MP (or get fixed).

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @slikvik,@Brudertac

A simple way of introducing delays would be this

Wait.PNG

Im am only observing the freeze on a system that is running from a SSD, where resume takes only a second. If this doesn't help, we will need to live with the problem until Intel publishes updated drivers.

Regards,
    HTPC_Sourcer

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It seems to have increased with 1.8, but of course this is all just anecdotal.
    That might be because we tried to improve the Exit procedures in 1.8 but we found out that is wasn't perfect and needs some more finetuning, so this will be reverted in the upcoming 1.9 Pre Release.
    Progress on this issue can be followed here (although i doubt that this is the cause of your problem):
    https://issues.team-mediaportal.com/browse/MP1-4359

If this is a Driver Problem our only hope is that the Option "Wait x on Resume" is coming back in MP (or get fixed).
    As HTPC_Sourcer nicely explained above, that option is implemented. ;)

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As HTPC_Sourcer nicely explained above, that option is implemented. ;)

Yeah, but on Builds before 1.8 this Option does not work. (on my Sys).
    But i have changed the Hardware with 1.8 and will try it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom