Gapless playback for UPnP Renderer (and other improvements) (1 Viewer)

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm not using that at the moment, but I can check that after music works as it should.

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Marcus Venturi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 23, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I did all my tests with 2 gapless tracks. As the first track has more than one minute length I always used fast fast forward to skip one minute and then I waited for the track change. In this case I always had a gap between the songs.

This afternoon I started some tests with FLAC files and incidentally did not skip the first minute and to my surprise the tracks were played gapless. :)
    First I thought it has to do with FLAC files and repeated the procedure with skipping the first minute and it failed to play gapless. :(

Then I repeated the procedure withouth skipping the first minute and it was played gapless again. :)

With that finding I tried the same files as MP3 and it worked when not skipping the first minute.

So the basic message is: Gapless only works when you don't do any fast forward (or skip) action in the track.

I repeated all my tests with my UPnP Renderer changes in the BassPlayer and now I can confirm that gapless really works as long as you leave your fingers from any fast forward or skip buttons.

@Sebastiii : As I said it's really ready for the next release, no ifs, no buts :)

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    That's great :) Now for the MP side, we need to know why it failed when fast forward (or skip), or maybe it's a bass bug ?

@hwahrmann any idea on this ?

powermarcel10

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 30, 2010
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Marcus Venturi

Any news on this? Can't wait to try this!

I see that videos and photo's are supported too?

Personally, I don't care about the gapless playback. Just having the option to stream stuff from my phone to MP is everything I care about. Can't you make a version where that is allready possible with the normal version of MP 1.12? Would be really awesome!

Cheers,
    Marcel

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    :)
    Merge remote-tracking branch 'remotes/origin/MP1-4653-FEAT-Change_MP_core_to_support_UPNP_gap_less_playback' to Master :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom