Genre only (1 Viewer)

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hmm, not sure what your issue is, I just tested your NFO file and it imports actors both in Grabber Editor and in AMCU. :confused: I did update the grabber Dec 7, but I didn't change anything related to actors. Still, try updating your grabbers and see if that helps.

Otherwise, the only thing I can think of is to check that Actors is selected on the Database fields tab in AMCU.

it did pick up the producers
    Ha! that's an illusion (error actually) as XBMC format only supports <credits> and that is usually writers because most sites store producers on a sub-page which many grabbers don't use. All the credits listed in your NFO file are writers. But because some apps offer an option to grab producers, the MF NFO grabber currently adds them to both the Writer and Producer fields. I am planning to fix that if I can figure out Regex enough to select them only when there is a role with 'producer' in it.

borgster

Portal Member
    November 15, 2013
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Okay, regarding the Genre issue I had mentioned earlier.

The problem still appears when importing an NFO that has no information in the "Category" field. AMCU at that point appears to "freakout" and import all the weird fields like aspect ratio, running time, etc. Just thought I would update that.

borgster

Portal Member
    November 15, 2013
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Home Country
    Just following up on this tread and a suggestion to use trailers option. I've tried this a number of ways and it keeps failing.

I've set up using the hierarchy of Folder name/file for the main
    I've tried using the following for trailers.
    A subfolder named /Trailer with the file
    File in the main movie folder with a trlr in the title.
    When importing it sees the trailer file, but when you go in to my films it isn't there. I've left pretty much everything regarding trailers at the default.
    Included is a myfilms log.

I am kind of at wits end on why it's not showing when running myflims.

Attachments

• MyFilms.rar
      7 KB

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Okay, regarding the Genre issue I had mentioned earlier.

The problem still appears when importing an NFO that has no information in the "Category" field. AMCU at that point appears to "freakout" and import all the weird fields like aspect ratio, running time, etc. Just thought I would update that.
    Can you tell me what the NFO file contains when there is no Category? i.e. does the tag/field exist but empty (<genre></genre>) , or does it have <genre /> or what? I can probably fix that in the NFO grabber with the other fixes I have done (but not uploaded yet as I need some feedback from @Guzzi first).

Re Trailers:
    Yeah importing via AMCU is different than 'registering' the trailers in the DB. AMCU recognizes the trailer file so doesn't import it as a separate record in your db. But to link the trailer to the movie file, you have to search and register the trailer files either globally (via Global Updates menu option in GUI) or via Details Window trailers option to "search trailer (local)" . But I think you know that, because your log shows you tried to 'register' a trailer for "Accidental Tourist":
    Code:
    2014-01-01 04:46:53,498 Debug [  1 | MyFilmsDetail ]: SearchTrailerLocal() - Extended Search 'True' for movie 'Accidental Tourist' in search directories: ''
    2014-01-01 04:46:53,513 Debug [  1 | MyFilmsDetail ]: SearchTrailerLocal() - media directory name: ''
    2014-01-01 04:46:53,513  Warn [  1 | MyFilmsDetail ]: SearchTrailerLocal() directory of movie 'Accidental Tourist' doesn't exist anymore - check your DB
    Which confuses me - especially when it says the movie directory doesn't exist anymore! Maybe I am reading that wrong. ;)
    If you attach your MyFilms.xml config file it might provide more clues?

borgster

Portal Member
    November 15, 2013
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Home Country
    I'll include another NFO in this attachment but there is no Category field in the NFO as far as I can see.

RE the Trailers. Yeah I'm completely stumped why it's not registering and I've enclosed all the xmls that might be related.

Speaking of which, that's one area where the GUI could be more clear on as it appears to import but doesn't in AMCU. In fact I wasn't aware that it doesn't import from there, trying to import from within MP was really kind of a last ditch effort.

The language in the Update section of AMCU also could be a little more clear on functionality. Unless your a programmer it's not very user friendly to us simple folk :) At least in regards to updating specific fields only.

AS always thank you for your assistance.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.rar
      10.7 KB
    • title01.rar
      541 bytes

borgster

Portal Member
    November 15, 2013
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Home Country
    ignore the settings for amcu called "boogie"...it was an experimental catalog I use to experiment with settings so I don't mess up the main catalog named "Mine".

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    No worries, it's the settings in MyFilms config that apply to actually registering the trailers. And those look OK to me. I can't see why it is not finding the trailers :( The only thing I can think of is that you have 'Search by Movie name' set to 'Translated Title' but that should still work. I guess we will need @Guzzi to figure it out.

Thanks for the updated nfo file. I can see the problem when there is no <genre> tag in the file, but not sure of the best method to fix that yet. So I may need Guzzi's help with the Regex for that as well. :notworthy:

borgster

Portal Member
    November 15, 2013
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Home Country
    It's all good, nothing life and death on this end. RE the genre issue my best guess would be an error trap that if not present to leave null, but I have no idea on the coding used.

I'll play around with teh search by movie name thing this weekend and let you know what happens.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Speaking of which, that's one area where the GUI could be more clear on as it appears to import but doesn't in AMCU. In fact I wasn't aware that it doesn't import from there, trying to import from within MP was really kind of a last ditch effort.
    There are two main use cases:
    1. You don't have trailer and want to download one or a link when you add/import the movie.
    2. You already have the movie in your DB and want to add/link a trailer you have downloaded - either in MP, MyFilms or externally.
    Actually there is a third use case I have talked to Guzzi about - adding a 'trailer only' record to db with all the movie info, and then adding the movie source file later when you get it. This could be useful with the new 6.1 Trailer features to download trailers using the Now Playing, Upcoming movies Online views.

#1 isn't really supported atm, though it could be - either downloading the trailer locally, or importing a link from the web source. However, it would have to be optional as it could slow down the import process.
    #2 is the main use case currently supported - you can download trailers in GUI, and then register them - i.e add the file path/name to the field you use for Trailers (e.g. 'Source Trailer'). AMCU just ensures you don't get multiple entries for you movies - i.e. one for the movie and another for the trailer.

NFO grabber could import existing trailers from the NFO - which is one of the things I have asked Guzzi about re my changes to NFO grabber

The language in the Update section of AMCU also could be a little more clear on functionality. Unless your a programmer it's not very user friendly to us simple folk At least in regards to updating specific fields only.
    Yeah LOL I know - I have to write the docs trying to explain it all. Guzzi has plans to rework/simplify it, much like you suggested previously. But he barely gets time to keep up with all the urgent changes required. Plus there are likely to be changes required that will affect other development. Ideally it is only GUI and language changes required, it rarely works out that easily. :(

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    RE the genre issue my best guess would be an error trap that if not present to leave null, but I have no idea on the coding used.
    Yep and Regex does support if exists conditions, but I couldn't get it to work on <genre> yet. And I want to find the best way for performance. I'm sure it can be done - just need some time/research/help to use the best solution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom