Genre only (1 Viewer)

borgster

Portal Member
November 15, 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Lack of time, I can so much relate to that. I need about 30 hours a day right now, and an extra day in the week wouldn't hurt either.

I tried changing the search to the different options and that had the exact same effect in that it's not adding it and the log folder shows the same error.

Sorry yet that you all asked me for feedback on simplification? Friends used to give me software they were writing to see if I could break it without doing anything bizarre or out of the ordinary with the program.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    No not sorry at all, it's great to get useful feedback, especially when it supports/confirms the current plans! :p And it is always great to have good testers!

Your issue re trailers is probably/hopefully something simple I missed reading/understanding in the log files, since it does work for me and most users.

What happens if you add the trailers to a sub- folder of the movie folder named Trailer? Does that work?

Not sure if I mentioned before but there is already an issue in tracker: Issue 361: Import Trailers to DB/Catalog when importing movies via AMCU which would do what you were expecting - add any existing trailers to the movie record when you import the movie.

borgster

Portal Member
    November 15, 2013
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Home Country
    In that case glad to be of assistance :)

It has to be something simple somewhere in the configuration because I know it works for most users, I've tried jiggling everything that I think might even be remotely connected to the issue but no luck there.

Yes, I have tried with a subfolder in the moviefolder named /Trailers to no effect.

What's bothering me is that AMCU picks up the trailer is there, and the log from trying to update from within MP indicates that it sees the trailer but then gives that response folder not found, or whatever the exact wording was in the logfile I sent. So both programs are seeing the trailer, but it's not getting appended when I try to associate it within Mediaportal.

I've also tried changing the search parameters you mentioned earlier in the thread and there was nothing. I'm really out of ideas other than possibly uninstalling and reinstalling, which is a step I'd prefer not to have to do ha ha.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Don't give up until @Guzzi has a chance to check your logs and see if he can spot something I missed.
    What's the exact file name for Accidental Tourist trailer (since that's the one that shows the error in the log)?

borgster

Portal Member
    November 15, 2013
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Home Country
    Update, I went ahead and renamed my original DB and then created a new DB and let it update everything straight from the web thinking it might have had something to do with the NFO files. Sadly that had no effect so I restored my original DB since it had all the info the way I preferred it.

Oh I won't give up, I don't like to admit defeat till all options have been explored. I'm stubborn.

Currently the file name is Accidental tourist trlr.mkv

borgster

Portal Member
    November 15, 2013
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Home Country
    Just an update. I tried changing the field from Source trailer to Borrower just as a test and it still doesn't attribute the trailer from within MP.
    I also tried a dedicated trailer source path to no avail. It's got to be something wrong with how I'm setting up the program but I can not locate where the problem is.

borgster

Portal Member
    November 15, 2013
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Home Country
    I'm wondering, this shows up in one of the configuration files that says "File does not exist" when trying to open myfilms_que_trailer.dat.
    Could this be why "trailers" never show up inside mediaportal for myfilms? I can't find anywhere that sets a location for that and I have done 2 re-installs to no avail.

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm not familiar with a myfilms_que_trailer.dat file and AFAIK it is not installed by MyFilms. I can't find that file anywhere on my system. That doesn't mean it is not a temp file that gets created somehow, but I don't get why a configuration file would look for it?

Can you give the steps to reproduce? i.e. which configuration file throws that error and when? If you can narrow it down, and post the related config file, or find that 'file does not exist' error message in a log file, and post that log file maybe @Guzzi can identify the issue and determine if it is related to why 'trailers' never get registered to your database.

It sounds like a temp file created during a trailer download that never completed, but that is pure guesswork ;) and still does not explain why a config file would be looking for it.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    The correct name for that file is:
    "MyFilms_Queue_Trailer.dat"
    MyFilms checks for it at startup - if it is there, it will be loaded, if not, ... then not ;-)
    That file is temp storage for trailers you might have added to the internal background download queue, but closed MyFilms/MP before alll was processed (which might take hours or days, if you do it for a big catalog for all films). So it is a helper to allow resuming when you start MP next time.
    The file is not necessary for any config - and once the trailer queue is empty it will be deleted/removed anyway (thats why Dadeo didn't find it on his system).

borgster

Portal Member
    November 15, 2013
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Home Country
    ahh, okay...still doesn't explain why I can't get the trailers to recognize inside of MP or to associate inside of MP. I'll repost configs after I get off work and have time to dig around to get the configs. I know trailers work for other people, I just can't figure out what's going on with it :( same issue as before about not finding the directory as it no longer exists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom