Genre only (1 Viewer)

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    ahh, okay...still doesn't explain why I can't get the trailers to recognize inside of MP or to associate inside of MP. I'll repost configs after I get off work and have time to dig around to get the configs. I know trailers work for other people, I just can't figure out what's going on with it :( same issue as before about not finding the directory as it no longer exists.
    In all files you posted, I have never seen you launched the global trailer search in the GUI.
    Further, you have not set a path for extended trailer search:
    Code:
    <entry name="PathStorageTrailer"></entry>
    That is the reason, why in log the path is empty - with such configuration, MyFilms will only search in the movie directory for trailers that contain "trailer", "trl" or "clip" in the media path/name.

borgster

Portal Member
    November 15, 2013
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hmmm, okay I guess that was a part I misunderstood in the documentation which seemed to indicate that it would look by default in to sub directory with the name trailer if items were stored in their own individual folders. I'll play around with that some more, thanks.

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hmmm, okay I guess that was a part I misunderstood in the documentation which seemed to indicate that it would look by default in to sub directory with the name trailer if items were stored in their own individual folders. I'll play around with that some more, thanks.
    Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear - it searches the movie directory itself and all subdirectories and identifies files as trailers, that have "trl" "trailer" or "clip" in the full path - so if you use a subdirectory named "trailer", all files inside it will be recognized (that why wiki recommends that, as users don't have to worry about the media file name itself anymore in this case)

borgster

Portal Member
    November 15, 2013
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Home Country
    Okay, well then I've still got something misconfigured somewhere then because its not recognizing the trailers.
    The method I've been using was with a sub-directory inside the media files folder named "trailer".
    I've tried going in and doing global updates and it still isn't recognizing the media files. I'm at work tonight but will try to post the latest logs this morning if possible.

borgster

Portal Member
    November 15, 2013
    Kansas City, Missouri
    Home Country
    BTW I really appreciate the help, I just can't wrap my head around why this part isn't working. Everything else is working as desired at this point, though I'm still working out a kink regarding editions (it's working I just don't like how it's formatting), but trailers has me truly stumped. I can't even get it to download and store trailers from the net.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom