Global Music Search v2.0.0 [2014-02-19] (2 Viewers)

ltfearme

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Global Search allows you to search through your complete music library and provides functionality to control what you want to do with the search results such as 'Play Now' or 'Add to Playlist'.

Changes v2.0.0
    • Updated to support MediaPortal 1.7. Not compatible with earlier versions!
    Changes v1.8.0
    • Fixed plugin icons in MediaPortal configuration dialog.
    • Updated translations from Transifex.
    • Updated design of Default skins for MediaPortal 1.3.
    • Removed togglebutton for Case Sensitive search and replaced with checkbutton. Allows plugin to be compatible in MediaPortal 1.4.
    DOWNLOAD

Last edited:

JulianBuss

Portal Pro
    November 14, 2004
    very cool, I'm glad you took the challenge :)
    I assume currently only BluTwo skin is supported? Perhaps you could contact PsychoReptile so he includes your plugin the famous Revision skin?

d-fader

Portal Pro
    September 24, 2006
    I live in Purmerend, a small town just above Amst
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    very cool, I'm glad you took the challenge :)
    Thanks a lot! Also glad I took the challenge, since it really helps my everlasting search through the music library, lol :p

I assume currently only BluTwo skin is supported?
    Correct, BlueTwo wide works, but the aligment ...sucks. Will try to manage that soon, just don't have any spare time :/

Perhaps you could contact PsychoReptile so he includes your plugin the famous Revision skin?

"Your private message has been sent. You will now be taken to your PM list. Thanks!"

Greetz!

Edna

Portal Member
    October 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Thank You!

I have been missing this feature for soo long!
    You truly made my day!:D :D :D

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Very nice one! I like it very much!
    Suggestions to your plugin:
    1. How about an option to add everything/more than one item from Search to the Playlist? (Maybe with a kind of mark files option or something like that). E.G. I search Genre for Electronics and want to hear every song of that genre. I know that possible with the standard search, but more complicated.
    2. How about adding the rating to search options? Goal would be to generate a search like Genre=Jazz and Rating=5 Stars.

EDIT
    3. The current search-keyboard is very slow and complicated to use. How about using the SMS-Style-Input as it is integrated in MyTV->Scheduled->Search? There it doesn't work too well, but since your search only searches DB after hitting "Search" and not directly while inputting the characters i guess it could work?!?
    /EDIT

But as I said, I like it already now very much and appreciate your work!

Regards

snorre

Portal Member
    April 23, 2004
    Thanks for this wonderful plugin! It works like a charm!

3. The current search-keyboard is very slow and complicated to use. How about using the SMS-Style-Input as it is integrated in MyTV->Scheduled->Search? There it doesn't work too well, but since your search only searches DB after hitting "Search" and not directly while inputting the characters i guess it could work?!?

I agree that the keyboard is somewhat slow, but for me being a touch screen user I still prefer the keyboard over sms input. Maybe an option to choose between both of them?

Snorre

d-fader

Portal Pro
    September 24, 2006
    I live in Purmerend, a small town just above Amst
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Okay, after receiving some feedback, this is what I will concentrate on in the following release, planned for next week or the week after that:

- Support for SMS input, the full keyboard will be still supported too
    - Support for BlueTwo Wide (especially the details screen has a lot of overlaps)
    - More drilling (see the post of The_Stig). I think an easy solution for his first issue is to drill down from the details screen (e.g. filter all with the current album, genre, etc), meaning you will narrow the search results
    - Extra search field: Rating, this will be separate from the 'normal' searchfield so you can create an 'and'.
    - Better documentation of the code (it's documented at the moment, but it could be loads better :))

In the future it might be needed to enhance the search functionality (meaning you can search on album, genre and songname e.g.). This can also be achieved by seacrching through the current search results (similar to the 'drilling' feature described).

When I need to focus on something else, please post here, maybe I'll change my efforts :p

rsbrux

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 15, 2007
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    I guess the SMS input should be a new overlay window like the virtual keyboard since a lot of people wasnt to use it! It seems to be a separate control now (like a button or a label).
    I don't know anything about the code structure, but from a user's perspective, there is no reason for another overlay. The RC numeric keys should just type into the existing "search phrase" field, just as the normal keyboard does.
    This is the way "SMS keying" works in Windows MCE, for example.
    From this point of view, it's nothing specific to your global search for MePo, but something which could benefit all of the MePo search functions.

The_Stig

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 5, 2005
    Yeah, the overlay could stay and when entering a number it shouldn't use the number but the sms-input (2=a,b,c,2; 3=d,e,f; and so on). That would do the trick as well and both ways would be integrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom