Go to Live TV After Pause (1 Viewer)

ktriebol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If I pause live TV for a few minutes, I am able to begin watching where I began the pause. This works as normal. When I am ready to go back to live TV, the only way I know of how to do this is to fast forward through the recording that was stored by my pause action. Is there a keyboard shortcut that will take me directly to live TV instead of using fast forward?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No, there isn't.

I assume that you are aware that quickly pressing Arrow down (big step) or Arrow right (small step) multiple times will increase the jump ahead and bring you to the end of the timeshift file...

ktriebol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Thanks for the reply. Yes, I was aware of the arrow functions.

ktriebol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    It's too bad there's not a simple single click available for Live TV.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not really as you're the very first person asking for this. Every other user simply press stop if he don't want to continue to watch later from the recent point. The easy solution for you is not to pause but rather to stop the live TV. With this you only need a single button press to continue with watching when you are back.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Great idea @ktriebol (y)

Not really as you're the very first person asking for this. Every other user simply press stop if he don't want to continue to watch later from the recent point.
    Gosh Claus, even if he is the first person to ask, that doesn't mean it's a silly idea (...which is the attitude your reply seems to be framed in). Personally I can immediately see how it would be convenient to have such a possibility.

Every other user simply press stop if he don't want to continue to watch later from the recent point. The easy solution for you is not to pause but rather to stop the live TV. With this you only need a single button press to continue with watching when you are back.
    You clearly haven't understood the use case. ;)

The question is about what to do when live TV is already paused for some time.

Example...
    Maybe he paused thinking he'd grab a quick cup of coffee during the ads, got delayed for 15 minutes by kids/partner while he was getting the coffee, and when he came back decided he didn't care about the part he missed, but he did want to watch the next program which was just starting.

Your solution requires that he would have psychic knowledge that he was going to be delayed and want to go to the live point when he returned... which is not realistic (for most of us :D ). Therefore it doesn't help at all.

ktriebol

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 20, 2008
    Home Country
    I couldn't have said it better myself there, mm. To me, it is just a convenience item that would be nice to have on MP. I have seen this on other Media Centers as well as DVR's. Overall, I am thrilled to be using MP.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    what to do when live TV is already paused for some time.
    I saw and understand this, but it did not change anything about the solution. You always can stop the paused Live TV with one click on "Stop". Ok, you need two clicks to get it playing again from live, but we have already more than enough shortcuts. And I don't want to have such really seldom usable ones making the overall usage more complicated as it is now.

By the way, which key do you want to use for this? On an average remote there is no free one available so you need a menu item to get this, what definitely is more complicated to use. You first must bring up the menu and then navigate to the desired item and select it. And sacrificing an existing (and much more useful) key is no option at all... For this, only keyboard navigation can make use of it. And on keyboard you can press and hold "Cursor Up" to reach the end of Timeshift with one (ok, a bit longer) press if you in no way want to stop the timeshift.

By the way, if you really navigate to the last frame in the timeshift video somehow, the player did stop automatically. Don't know if it is a feature or a bug, but it happens. So you need to find something like the second- last frame if you want to be as close to live as possible.

Sorry, but I still don't see any sense in adding such a shortcut and most likely never will...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Why does it bother you so much Claus?
    This thread relates to MP1. You only care about MP2, right? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom