Google Calendars Plugin (1 Viewer)

thlucas

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Omaha, NE
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Please report any bugs / feature requests to this thread.

Download Link

https://www.team-mediaportal.com/extensions/news-info/google-calendars

Download Link (pre MP 1.2.0 Beta Versions)

Link to Attached File

Wiki Link

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/User:thlucas/Google_Calendars_PlugIn

Change Log Link

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/User:thlucas/Google_Calendars_PlugIn/Change_Log

Plugin Summary

I've created a new Plugin for MP that allows a user to display Google calendar events. The plugin supports multiple calendars, but only 1 may be selected at a time.

The latest version only supports MP v1.2.0 and above. Please refer to the Download Link (pre MP 1.2.0 Beta Versions) above to download a pre MP 1.2.x version - note that the pre 1.2.x version is no longer maintained.

Cheers!

Attachments

• Event List.jpg
    Event List.jpg
    196.6 KB
  • Event Range Selection.png
    Event Range Selection.png
    760 KB
  • Calendar Selection.png
    Calendar Selection.png
    768.2 KB
  • PlugIn Config 1.png
    PlugIn Config 1.png
    56.5 KB
  • PlugIn Config 2.png
    PlugIn Config 2.png
    7.4 KB
Last edited:

el_gato

Portal Pro
October 15, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Google Calendars Plugin

just a few days ago i thought it would be a nice to have plugin^^ thx for creating one!

suggestion for future version: would be nice to have german times like 16:00 instead of 4:00 since am/pm isn't shown in blue3 skin because of too little space? and the opportunity to add/edit things would be great, too...

thlucas

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Omaha, NE
Home Country
Thanks for the suggestions. I have already made the changes for the 24-hour time display, and am working on adding an "Add Event" interface. The Blue3 and Blue3Wide interfaces are pretty basic, as I concentrated most of my time on the PureVisionHD skin format.

Thanks for your ideas - keep them coming.

edterbak

Portal Pro
March 4, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
GREAT!!!! This is exactly what I was looking for!! :) Thank you for taking the time to create one. Wonderfull.

This way I can make my wife edit my calender for me... And I will be notified "instantly" by my android phone .... although some might experience this as a negative thing.. ghehehe..

Would it be possible to create things like day/week/month view like you see a complete callendar with all days and the agenda-points marked in it. .

It might be a lot to ask, I realise, but would a X-factor skin be possible? :) I am no skinner or have other usefull skills, so I am no help on that. sorry.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

This system has me missing now is my MediaPortal as good as complete :) Beautiful !!

Is there the possibility of him with the use streamedmp Skin?

Do I need a Gmail Account and there I entered my Events ?

Are there pop-ups when an event is tuned ?

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Cool, great idea.

Any change of supporting multiple accounts? E.g. my girlfriend and I each have a google calendar which we share on our android phones. The entries of both accounts are shown in the same view which is great for planning. It would be great if a similar thing would be possible within MP.

D3ltoroxp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

OK, I just copied the 3 files from the pure vision in streamedmp Skin. But I do not see any numbers if I e.g. German Holidays choose. Only the top left the small menu and the background image.
    OK it goes but appears very flawed. Could someone adjust the calendar for streamedmp Skin ?

catavolt

Design Group Manager
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 13, 2007
    Königstein (Taunus)
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi thlucas, after installing your mpei an SVN environment, I receive this message when entering MP Config -> Plugins.
    So I deinstalled it again, but the message keeps coming up and now I can´t enter plugin section... :(

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
      Image2.jpg
      103.1 KB

thlucas

Portal Pro
    February 11, 2011
    Omaha, NE
    Home Country
    Hi Catavolt,

The plugin utilizes the Google Data API assemblies, which must reside in the same location as the MediaPortal executable. It also utilizes some C-Cubed supporting assemblies, which must reside in the same location. I created the MPE install package, and specified that it installs them in the "%base%" folder. The default "%base%" folder (as I'm sure you know) is "C:\Program Files\Team MeadiPortal\MediaPortal" on Windows XP, and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MeadiPortal\MediaPortal" on Windows 7 64-bit.

Can you please verify that the MP base directory contains the following files:

Google.GData.AccessControl.dll
    Google.GData.Calendar.dll
    Google.GData.Client.dll
    Google.GData.Contacts.dll
    Google.GData.Documents.dll
    Google.GData.Extensions.dll
    Google.GData.GoogleBase.dll
    C3.Common.dll
    C3.Diagnostics.dll
    C3.GoogleData.dll
    C3.Win32.dll
    en-US\C3.Common.resources.dll

If these files are not there, then it has something to do with the MPE Installer not putting them in the right place. Note that the "GoogleCalendar.dll" plugin should be located in the "%base%\plugins\Windows" folder as well. I'm not for sure where to go from here - will wait to hear back from you before proceeding with other thoughts.

Hope it helps - please let me know if these files exist or not.

Also - what is up with the MP forums tonight?!!! This is the 5th time I've tried to reply to this thread!

Mackey - the plugin supports viewing events from multiple calendars, but only one calendar at a time. I will see what I can do about implementing a "one world" view.

D3 - not for sure what's going on there - can you post some screenshot images?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom