Google Calendars Plugin (2 Viewers)

thlucas

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Omaha, NE
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Had not really thought about multiple accounts before, as Google supports shared calendars. I'm not really interested in adding multiple account support at this time, unless a lot of people request it.

maurilloh

Portal Member
May 11, 2009
Home Country
Italy Italy
..Just an idea:

It's possible to make the plugin read the appointement and pass the information to other plugins?

for example: If I write an appointemt for a tv show that start tomorrow at 20.00, the plugin could pass this information to tv wishlist plugin and schedul the program.

Thanks for this great plugin.

Bye.

thlucas

Portal Pro
February 11, 2011
Omaha, NE
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
..Just an idea:
Is it possible to make the plugin read the appointment and pass the information to other plugins?
That is possible, but cannot be implemented in the current GC plugin form. The plugin is implemented as a GUIWindow plugin, meaning that it requires the user to initiate the process of calling out to the Google API's to retrieve calendar events. This happens when the user clicks on the Google Calendars menu item. It could then notify other plugins of the events at that time, but for your "auto schedule" requirement it's kind of meaningless in this case as events would not schedule unless the user checked their calendars.

The only way to do what you want would be for the GC plugin to implement the IPlugin MP interface, which would allow it to function in a batch mode. This could check the Google calendar at specified intervals (ie every 20 minutes) and then use static events that other plugins could subscribe to and be notified when a new event was detected.

That is a whole lot of work though, of which I just don't have the time to do right now. I will keep it in mind though for a possible future enhancement.

123vak123

Portal Pro
December 13, 2010
Minsk
Home Country
Belarus Belarus
Hi
Does anyone still using this plugin? I am a long time did't use it, but now I can't get any data. Test in the configuration gives: "Google Authentication Test failed!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom