[solved] Grabber script for film classification? (1 Viewer)

totopsgr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2011
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hi Guys,

Still hangin on to myfilms, hope Guzzi gets the time and mood to release a new version soon. Meanwhile I am happily (excluding the lack of backdrops) using MP 1.4 with Titan Extended with the latest release of Myfilms in Test mode. I will only update MP if guzzi updates Myfilms, in a sense for me MediaPortal is an plugin for MyFilms, thats how good and necessary to me MyFilms is.

I was wondering if any of you used any particular grabbers through AMC or otherwise to add british film classification to your Movies (U,PG,12,15,18) through any chosen field of the database. I have managed to make the right icons appear in the movie info page depending on the values of a specific field but to update the field for all the movies is almost impossible. At the moment I am going one by one picking the values from bbfc. It is a headache so I would like to automate it. Any ideas?

Regards

AT

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi, you should be able to load them with imdb-Full grabber into Certification field (Hope it is currently working, as Amazon changes the site a lot recently...). Make sure, you set it to the correct country to get the certification you're after.
    If you have imdb IDs filled in your DB, then it is a simple run of an update without interaction on your DB to get all done in one run - if not, you might have to select some movies manually, if there is more than one matching.
    See here in wiki the example for "update rating data" and use certification field instead.

totopsgr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2011
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    Hi Guzzi,

For some reason the list of database fields i can select through AMC updater is limited and does not include the certification field. Any ideas?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hi Guzzi,

For some reason the list of database fields i can select through AMC updater is limited and does not include the certification field. Any ideas?
    Hi, it is possible, that you updated from older versions - in this case, the AMCU config file is not updated.
    You might try to recreate the AMCU config in MyFilms Setup to add missing fields - otherwise, check the AMCU config file and compare it to the default file in MP data dir (MyFilmsAMCSettings.xml) - in
    <Values Option="Database_Fields_To_Import">
    you should find the fields (or find some are missing) ...

totopsgr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2011
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    I am facing an unexpected issue that surfaced after the classification update that I was asking about above.

Setup:
    I have a dedicated HTPC that connects to an AV Processor. This PC connects thorough a wired connection to my home network and can access a NAS which holds all my movies. When I add movies to the NAS I run the AMC updater on the HTPC, Then I go to another PC on the network that I have AMC installed, The latest version, and I manually fix any problems with the entries on the XML movie catalogue (such as pics, media type, wrong identifications etc.) The XML also sits on the NAS.

Till now my DB had two certification fields. One in the Movie Fields Tab (AMC) and one in the Custom Fields Tab. As long as there was a value in the Custom Fields Value it would be picked up by MFilms and show the certification on the movie page, as long as the value was one of U,PG,12,15,18.

After I executed the update of the classification field through record update as described in the wiki that you pointed me the following things happened.

Another field was created in the DB xml. Under the Custom Fields tab I now have two certification fields. The old one plus another one at the end of the list. The one populated by the automatic update is the new field, and the values are of the format UK U, UK PG, UK 12, UK 12A etc.

Once I loaded Media portal, there is a list of all the new certifications under the certification filter, but my logos did not appear probably due to the format. At this point I thought, well I'll do the hard work and convert the format by deleting the "UK" prefix from the values and copy the result to the old certification field where Myfilms used to pick the values from.

After two hours of manuall boring systematic work the task was complete. I even went to bbfc.com and picked values for the movies that they didn't have as a result of the autoupdate.

My work was done.

When I loaded MP with the new xml and went to myfils the certification category appeared to have no options under it, and when i opened the xml again with AMC there was NO values in any of the certification fields! All values from old an new field dissapeared and fields are empty. Since then Itried all possible combination of where to put values, even in the Movie fields Tab whih i never used before. It doesn't matter, I can save the XML with values in any of the certification fields, confirmed by reopening the xml with AMC after I close it and any changes are there, but as soon as I open in MFilms in MP the values dissapear. It is like the process of opening the XML file in Myfilms erases any values that are in any of the certification fields.

Note that no other values n any other fields are affected.

I don't know why this is happening therefore I can not fix it. Any ideas?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    I am facing an unexpected issue that surfaced after the classification update that I was asking about above.

Setup:
    I have a dedicated HTPC that connects to an AV Processor. This PC connects thorough a wired connection to my home network and can access a NAS which holds all my movies. When I add movies to the NAS I run the AMC updater on the HTPC, Then I go to another PC on the network that I have AMC installed, The latest version,
    [...]
    I think that is the problem mentioned here !?
    Latest version unfortunately broke with older XSD DB schema and even worse introduced fields we already used in MyFilms.
    I have spent some time thinking about that, but don't have any "nice" solution yet - adapting to AMC4.2 will break older versions - and there is no "easy" way to migrate - we probably would need a converter - which makes updating very uncomfortable.
    Finally, this is an open issue.
    Maybe I should at leat try to introduce a warning, that DB has been updated by AMC(4.2) to incompatible format ... :-(

totopsgr

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2011
    Abu Dhabi, UAE
    Home Country
    Greece Greece

Setup:
    I have a dedicated HTPC that connects to an AV Processor. This PC connects thorough a wired connection to my home network and can access a NAS which holds all my movies. When I add movies to the NAS I run the AMC updater on the HTPC, Then I go to another PC on the network that I have AMC installed, The latest version,
    [...]
    Latest version unfortunately broke with older XSD DB schema and even worse introduced fields we already used in MyFilms.
    I have spent some time thinking about that, but don't have any "nice" solution yet - adapting to AMC4.2 will break older versions - and there is no "easy" way to migrate - we probably would need a converter - which makes updating very uncomfortable.
    Maybe I should at leat try to introduce a warning, that DB has been updated by AMC(4.2) to incompatible format ... :-(

So, considering that I will update to MP 1.7 and MyFilms 6.1 (Yeyyyyyyy) do you advise to uninstall AMC 4.2 and go back to a previous version? (which one is the latest that works?) Then run a previous backup XML movie list file that hasn't been touched by 4.2 and update that one. Would that fix the problem?[DOUBLEPOST=1404198672][/DOUBLEPOST]One more question. Is there a relationship between AMC updater and AMC? Does updating AMC to a new version updates AMC UPdater to a new version on the same computer? Will I need to uninstall AMC Updater too?

Last edited:

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007

Setup:
    [...]

So, considering that I will update to MP 1.7 and MyFilms 6.1 (Yeyyyyyyy) do you advise to uninstall AMC 4.2 and go back to a previous version? (which one is the latest that works?)
    Definately, if you want to use MyFilms and AMC on the same DB, you have to.
    The latest AMC version that is compatible is AMC4.1 - that's the one I use too (and I won't update until there is a way to handle it).
    Then run a previous backup XML movie list file that hasn't been touched by 4.2 and update that one. Would that fix the problem?
    MyFilms 6.1 with included AMCupdater is compatible with DB format that is used by AMC4 until version 4.1 - so everything will be as before, yes - you can manage your DB with either AMC4.1, with AMCupdater or inside MyFilms GUI.

[DOUBLEPOST=1404198672][/DOUBLEPOST]One more question. Is there a relationship between AMC updater and AMC? Does updating AMC to a new version updates AMC UPdater to a new version on the same computer? Will I need to uninstall AMC Updater too?
    AMCupdater (you're talking about the included app in MyFilms package, right?) will be maintained within the MyFilms package. If you use standard install, it will be updated when you update MyFilms plugin - if you have manually installed it elsewhere (e.g. on a server to update/import your catalog there), then you have to manually update that instance.
    As said before, the new AMC4.2 changes DB schema, so if that should be supported, both MyFilms and the included AMCupdater would have to be adapted.
    The really bad thing (beside introdusing such a DB incompatibility within a minor version number) is, that the added fields in AMC4.2 conflict with already existing custom fields in MyFilms. As said, before, since it is not simply an extension, there is no way to easily handle both formats, once I change the internal structure in MyFilms it's be unusable woth old format and we probably need a converter to convert old to new format - so that is a "hard cut" and a hassle to update for users. Because of that, I have currently no motivation to implement that - and who knows, when we'll get the next breaking change? As long as AMC4.1 works nice, we're ok imho.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom