Guide not updating (1 Viewer)

kpatch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    tried schedules direct reload, refresh DVB EPG. I'm stumped.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi

First, please don't double-post. It comes across as nagging. If you want a thread or post moved, just ask - we can do it easily. Sometimes it takes more than 24 hours to get an answer, as those of us who often answer have lives outside of MediaPortal. Your patience would be appreciated. I've deleted your other thread that was here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/guide-isnt-updating.134285/

To the issue...
    You seem to have database access problems. From the log file:
    [2016-05-01 20:52:51,956] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - TV Service: Plugin: SchedulesDirect EPG Client failed to start
    [2016-05-01 20:52:51,971] [Log ] [TVService] [ERROR] - Exception :Error: StatementErrorUnclassified
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: select idProgram, idChannel, startTime, endTime, title, description, genre, state, originalAirDate, seriesNum, episodeNum, episodePart, episodeName, starRating, classification, parentalRating from Program order by endTime desc limit 1 offset 0; ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
    [collapse] at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
    at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader()
    at Gentle.Framework.SqlStatement.Execute(IDbConnection conn, IDbTransaction tr)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Gentle.Framework.SqlStatement.Execute(IDbConnection conn, IDbTransaction tr)
    at Gentle.Framework.PersistenceBroker.Execute(SqlStatement stmt, IDbConnection dbConnection, IDbTransaction dbTransaction)
    at Gentle.Framework.SqlStatement.Execute()
    at SchedulesDirect.Plugin.SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3.GetLastProgramEntry()
    at SchedulesDirect.Plugin.SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3.TvEngine.ITvServerPlugin.Start(IController controller)
    at TvService.TvServiceThread.StartPlugins()MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
    at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader()
    at Gentle.Framework.SqlStatement.Execute(IDbConnection conn, IDbTransaction tr)[/collapse]

...and from the Windows application event log at the same time:
    "01/05/2016 8:52:51 PM";"MySQL";"(0)";"Information";"Sort aborted, host: btvserv1, user: root, thread: 166, error: Query execution was interrupted, query: select idProgram, idChannel, startTime, endTime, title, description, genre, state, originalAirDate, seriesNum, episodeNum, episodePart, episodeName, starRating, classification, parentalRating from Program order by endTime desc limit 1 offset 0For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://www.mysql.com. ";"3221225572"

Some other curiosities noticed in the Windows application event log:
    [collapse]"01/05/2016 8:50:23 PM";"MySQL";"(0)";"Error";"Plugin keyring_file reported: 'keyring_file initialization failure. Please check if the keyring_file_data points to readable keyring file or keyring file can be created in the specified location. The keyring_file will stay unusable until correct path to the keyring file gets provided'For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://www.mysql.com. ";"3221225572"
    "02/05/2016 4:51:36 AM";"MySQL";"(0)";"Information";"Aborted connection 3 to db: 'mptvdb' user: 'root' host: 'btvserv1' (Got timeout reading communication packets)For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://www.mysql.com. ";"3221225572"
    "02/05/2016 4:53:09 AM";"MySQL";"(0)";"Information";"Aborted connection 232 to db: 'mptvdb' user: 'root' host: 'btvserv1' (Got timeout reading communication packets)For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://www.mysql.com. ";"3221225572"[/collapse]

Sorry I'm not much good with database issues like this. All I can really do is point out the things that stand out to me. I can see that the "keyring_file" and "aborted connection" messages in the Windows application event log seem to have started after you upgraded MySQL from the version we supply with our installer (5.6.10) to 5.7.11 on 31 March, so if this guide updating issue only started in the last week then perhaps you can ignore them.

The final and most important thing I note is that there was an unexpected shutdown on 29 April:
    "29/04/2016 12:00:51 AM";"EventLog";"(0)";"Error";"The previous system shutdown at 11:58:51 PM on ‎28/‎04/‎2016 was unexpected.";"2147489656"

As you probably remember, file corruption caused by an unexpected shutdown was the cause of the problems in your support request at the end of march. The latest unexpected shutdown is probably the cause of this guide update issue too. I strongly advise you to figure out and eliminate whatever's causing these unexpected shutdowns. If it's your habit to hard-reset the PC when you run into trouble, I'd advise to try to break the habit and find a better solution that isn't going to give you these nasty after-effects.

Users who are viewing this thread