Hauppauge HD-PVR & Colossus Support (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks again! (y)
    Let me know if this one is closer to what you expected. The first screenshot is similar to your posted image.
    Yeah, those first two screenshots are much more like what I expected, but still not exactly what I was looking for. They match the settings which are already available here:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...guration/02_TV_Servers/7_Scan_Analog#Settings
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_.../02_TV_Servers/7_Scan_Analog#Video_Parameters

At this point I'm thinking that it is possible your HD-PVR driver, firmware or hardware revision doesn't support the settings/properties that I posted. I do know that some of the Colossus settings are only available for newer revisions. Maybe it is the same for the HD-PVR.

Thanks once again for your time! :)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I could look at some of the other WDM listings if it would help you.
    Sure. :)
    If the property page I'm looking for exists, it is going to be on one of the filters in the following categories:
    • WDM streaming capture devices
    • WDM streaming encoder devices
    • WDM streaming multiplexer devices
    I think you've already covered the capture and encoder categories; not sure that you'll have a multiplexer category. In other words I have the feeling that the page does not exist for you...

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I'm afraid I think you are right. I do have a listing for Multiplexer Device but it defaults to the same Property Page as the encoder.

rspierenburg

Portal Pro
    June 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I also found this page from the Arcsoft Total Extreme format settings.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      170.6 KB

saitoh183

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Im trying to get my Colossus to work but i cant seems to figure out how to get it to change the channel of my STB via the TV guide in MB. I have this easily working in WMC but for the life of me, i cant get it to work in MB.

vogelap

Portal Member
    August 14, 2006
    Cincinnati, Ohio USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    saitoh183... I don't have a solution for your issue, but am also interested in being able to change the channel of the STB from the TV guide in MP. I hope you get an answer and share it in this forum.

saitoh183

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2011
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    saitoh183... I don't have a solution for your issue, but am also interested in being able to change the channel of the STB from the TV guide in MP. I hope you get an answer and share it in this forum.

I got it to work...im using a Cisco 4642HD. I when in MP and selected a channel and my STB received the blast
    Capture.JPG
    Capture1.JPG

AncientYoof

Portal Member
    November 25, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi everyone with a HDPVR

as I said a while back I would really like to be able to populate my MP EPG with UK TV data but obviously I cannot scan for channels on my HDPR which is just a capture device

I have downloaded various xml fiels with the tv settings in them but cannot import them into media portal

the best I have done is to assign one channel to the Component input and got one! line in the EPG for that channel

can anyone give a me a simple pointer on how to set up a full UK EPG for all channels that will respond to the HDPVR for recording purposes

thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello AncientYoof

can anyone give a me a simple pointer on how to set up a full UK EPG for all channels...
    The principle is straightforward: you have to create a copy of your component input channel for each of the channels that your set top box can receive. Once you have the channels it is possible to link them to EPG.

The problem is that creating the channels is easier said than done. Don't get me wrong; you can do it, and it is not technically difficult. It is just extraordinarily time consuming to do manually through TV Server configuration. It may be possible to take short cuts by using the import/export function coupled with a text editor. Sorry, I don't have the time to provide detailed instructions for you.

...that will respond to the HDPVR for recording purposes
    Unless you have a blaster (ie. something that allows your PC to control the set top box), adding the channels in MediaPortal will not enable you to record the channels at will. You'll simply end up recording whatever channel is currently selected on the set top box. Setting up a blaster is another task altogether.

Maybe this information will help a little:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...p_Box_Blasting#Configuring_TV3_Blaster_Plugin

MediaPortal was not designed for this, so what you're wanting to do is not a 10 minute task. Plan for hours... and don't assume that you'll succeed.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom