Hauppauge HD-PVR & Colossus Support (3 Viewers)

benicehavefun

Portal Member
September 12, 2014
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Here are my logs.

I moved my TVServer to a new machine just a couple of days ago, so log data is limited. However, an example of a scheduled recording freezing live TV can be found at 16:00 yesterday (Sept 11th).

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Here are my logs.

I moved my TVServer to a new machine just a couple of days ago, so log data is limited. However, an example of a scheduled recording freezing live TV can be found at 16:00 yesterday (Sept 11th).

Hi,

please set the log level of the TV server from info to debug. There are some useful information in debug level which help me to fix this issue.

benicehavefun

Portal Member
    September 12, 2014
    Home Country
    Here are my logs.

Hi,

please set the log level of the TV server from info to debug. There are some useful information in debug level which help me to fix this issue.

OK, I'm attaching my logs as requested. Here are the steps I followed:
    1. Setup a recording on FXX (Parks & Recreation) to begin at 12:30 (12:29 with pre-record)
    2. Tuned live to AXS (New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival) at ~12:22
    3. Live TV froze at 12:29
    4. At 12:34 I hit stop on the frozen image, and was asked to confirm loss of the time shift buffer
    5. At 12:35 I checked my Parks & Recreation recording to confirm it existed and had started on time (it had)
    6. At 12:36 I stopped the recording manually, exited MediaPortal and zipped the attached log files
    On a single tuner system using the Hauppauge HD-PVR capturing off of DirecTV, this has happened every time I'm watching live tv and a scheduled recording starts. Preferred behavior (IMHO) would be for a warning dialog to appear a minute or so in advance of the recording starting with the option to cancel the recording or have live TV switched to the channel being recorded.

As a side note, I've seen another problem which may be related (?). If I schedule back-to-back recordings with say a 7 minute pre-record and a 10 minute post-record, the first recording is fine. The second recording will exist, but will only be the length of the post-record time from the previous recording. I've seen this happen both times I've tried back-to-back recordings on the same channel.

Cheers.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Scott

As a side note, I've seen another problem which may be related (?). If I schedule back-to-back recordings with say a 7 minute pre-record and a 10 minute post-record, the first recording is fine. The second recording will exist, but will only be the length of the post-record time from the previous recording. I've seen this happen both times I've tried back-to-back recordings on the same channel.
    I recall somebody reporting this before, and it having been caused by use of the "power receivers on and off as required" option in the DirecTV SHEF plugin. Please try disabling that for a start.

mm

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary

Can you upgrade your setup with attached installer? The installer based on the 1.9 Final (it is stable and is under our internal testing). I added some new debug log to help me understand if what happened.

Please install it and repeate your test. You will be able to upgrade any other MP versions from this build.

thx

benicehavefun

Portal Member
    September 12, 2014
    Home Country
    Hello again Scott

I recall somebody reporting this before, and it having been caused by use of the "power receivers on and off as required" option in the DirecTV SHEF plugin. Please try disabling that for a start.

mm

mm-

Thanks for the tip. I have been using that "power receivers on and off as required" option in DirecTV SHEF. So, I'll un-tick the box and give it a try. I'll let you know if that does the trick!

Scott[DOUBLEPOST=1410911039][/DOUBLEPOST]

Can you upgrade your setup with attached installer? The installer based on the 1.9 Final (it is stable and is under our internal testing). I added some new debug log to help me understand if what happened.

Please install it and repeate your test. You will be able to upgrade any other MP versions from this build.

thx

Regeszter -

I appreciate you working on this issue! I should be able to install the new build and send you the debug log files tomorrow...

Thanks.

sjevtic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    Hello again Scott

mm

I can confirm that the "power receivers on and off as required" feature in the DirecTV SHEF plugin doesn't work as intended. Notably, when a user of a stream goes away (e.g., a recording ends, user tunes away from channel in live TV, etc.), the plugin will power off the receiver that was providing that stream, regardless of whether other streams may be using that source. I have made some improvements along the way that prevent that from happening (I'm not the plugin's original author), but there are still some scenarios where the receivers stay on. So, it's probably best just to avoid that feature all together, as @mm1352000 suggests, until that bug is worked out.

Sasha

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for the confirmation Sasha. :)
    Today I'm creating a new SHEF plugin for TVE 3.5 (MP2 Native TV) that should fix that power option problem.

sjevtic

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Home Country
    Thanks for the confirmation Sasha. :)
    Today I'm creating a new SHEF plugin for TVE 3.5 (MP2 Native TV) that should fix that power option problem.
    That's great news! I haven't taken the plunge into MP2 yet as I am waiting for all the little odds and ends like this that make everything work together.

Sasha

benicehavefun

Portal Member
    September 12, 2014
    Home Country

thx

Hmmm... I'm having trouble downloading anything from the MediaPortal Forum at the moment. I tried your zip file and I also tried to download the log files I posted previously. They start, but stall very quickly, somewhere between 0-65kb. Speedtest.net is giving me 35Mbps on the download so my Internet connection seems fine. I'll try again in an hour or so...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom