Hauppauge HD-PVR & Colossus Support (2 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Markus

Restart the IR with Hauppauge "Restart IR" dont work.
    That's because "AutoStart IR", "Stop IR" and "Restart IR" are for the IR receiver (IR32) not the blaster (IRBlast).

The only way bring to work the IR-Balster is when i start the "BlastCFG" and close the "BlastCFG"
    Can someone help me with this Problem?
    Can you try to make a Windows scheduled task to run and close BlastCfg after resume?

Regards,
    mm

PS: As you know, IRBlast (which includes the blaster driver and BlastCfg) are Hauppauge's software product. We cannot fix them; only Hauppauge can do that. All that we can do is to suggest workarounds. So, maybe better to report this problem to Hauppauge.

stounedi

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2008
    Hey.

I just bought HD Colossus, but cant get the blaster to work. I can get image to MP, but I'd need the blaster function too.

At TV Server Configuration -> Plugins -> TV3 Blaster Plugin for IR Server config screen I cannot setup my STB (or IR Commands), because I cannot select any blaster port (as if the Colossus blaster didnt exists or something). Only option for port is "None".

Also at IR Server Configuration I cannot find proper "Transmit" device.

I am using IR Trans remote as my HTPC remote. Of course I could move to use the Hauppauge remote if that helps on this issue.

I've tried to search for answer several hours, but seems I cant figure it out. Is there something I'm missing?

I have:
    - Windows 7, 64-bit, currently MP 1.7.1 Hotfix
    - Installed all the Hauppage software (IR Blaster, WinTV7, Arcsoft, Colossus drivers)
    - Tested that the IR Blaster works (in Hauppauge BlasterCfg test it flashes red as supposed)
    - Tested that both remotes work (Hauppage works in WinTV7 and also IR Trans receives IR codes)
    - Installed IRSS

Also: Learning IR codes in BlasterCfg (Hauppauge's software) does not seem to work for any of my remotes. Seems to be a common problem.

Last edited:

randome

October 9, 2014
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi,

I have it working this way:
    Mediaportal - TV Server Configuration -> Plugins -> ServerBlaster
    At Blaster Type choose "Hauppauge".

I am using the Hauppauge Remote to Control MediaPortal.
    Only thing that does not work is, that it can only submit Numbers, and not much more. Power might work, with my Settop Box it doesn't and learning doesn't work. According to Hauppauge support, the blaster can't really do that much more :( Which means, the settop box must be running all the time so that changing the channel with numbers is enough. Also the blaster needs to be placed really very very close towards the receiver to cover the IR receiver. But other remotes still do work, even it's covered.

I didn't have luck with the TV3 Blaster Plugin for IR Server but as the other way worked quick, I didn't bother too much to figure out if there is a way.
    Hope that helps.

Once I needed to "Restart IR" - an Icon that Hauppauge places on the desktop after installation to get it to work. Be sure to restart TV-Server aswell - but since the first setup, this wasn't necessary anymore.

Patrick

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I didn't have luck with the TV3 Blaster Plugin for IR Server...
    Yes, AFAIK IRSS doesn't support the Hauppauge blaster, and you need to use the ServerBlaster plugin if you want to make the Hauppauge blaster work.

Salsberry Steak

March 12, 2015
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hey everybody, I am a noob when it comes to Mediaportal. I have read the forums, or as much of the 107 pages I could get through. I have everything done on the server, and am using Kodi as my front end, everything works fine, but the the picture is slow and there is no sound.

Does Colossus use any of the software decoders in Mediaportal server? I have nothing installed under either video or audio encoders.
    I have all other drivers (hauppage, upto date, including direct x). I have done the "control o" in kodi, and i am showing no audio streams whatsoever.

Any quick pointers?

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Does Colossus use any of the software decoders in Mediaportal server? I have nothing installed under either video or audio encoders.
    I have all other drivers (hauppage, upto date, including direct x). I have done the "control o" in kodi, and i am showing no audio streams whatsoever.
    Welcome to the forum ! No, it's independent.

Before trying to use the colossus in MP or KODI, be sure that it plays perfectly fine in "Hauppauge Capture" or "ArcSoft ShowBiz"

Salsberry Steak

March 12, 2015
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I did and it works perfectly with hauppage and in windows media center. I also installed a mediaportal client on my laptop, and the problem is exactly the same. The picture comes up, everything is in slow motion and no sound.

I smells like the encoding is off in mediaportal server.[DOUBLEPOST=1426192060][/DOUBLEPOST]What software encoder does mediaportal pick up with colossus? I don't have any installed.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    OK nice, do you use schedules direct? You use HDMI or Component input ? Composite or optical for sound?

Salsberry Steak

March 12, 2015
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Component input, SPFDIF for sound and yes I have schedules direct. I have the SPFDIF #1 and YRYBY input 1 selected.[DOUBLEPOST=1426192756][/DOUBLEPOST]with a temp account set up. I am getting the lineup just fine.[DOUBLEPOST=1426192809][/DOUBLEPOST]And the channels are switching fine, so blaster is working right off the bat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom