Hauppauge HD-PVR & Colossus Support (4 Viewers)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    What software encoder does mediaportal pick up with colossus? I don't have any installed.
    Software encoders are not relevant for the Colossus or HD-PVR (because Colossus and HD-PVR have hardware encoders).

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Salsberry Steak

March 12, 2015
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    just smoked my entire machnine, now windows won't see my colosus card[DOUBLEPOST=1426196217][/DOUBLEPOST]the two links are only relevant if you are using the mediaportal as the front end. I was getting the same result from both kodi and the mediaportal client.[DOUBLEPOST=1426196392][/DOUBLEPOST]so i expect it has something to do with the drivers.[DOUBLEPOST=1426196577][/DOUBLEPOST]if there is 108 pages of questions about 1 bit of hardware, i should have known not to try.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I was getting the same result from both kodi and the mediaportal client.
    ...which probably means you have codec configuration issues in both Kodi and MP. Trust me: the problem is not the Colossus.

if there is 108 pages of questions about 1 bit of hardware, i should have known not to try.
    No, 108 pages should tell you it is popular hardware => lots of people to help you if you get stuck.

Salsberry Steak

March 12, 2015
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I had the HDPVR before the colossus and it was the same story, very difficult to get working correctly. I asked the developer for ubuntu colossus drivers and they spent over $75,000 to develop their own drivers, needless to say they wont sell them to me. They only use them in a corporate environment. Should be pretty straitforward out of the box. Chances are if they can't get it to work now, they won't. I know I am sounding a little pissy right now. And I will calm down after i reload my box, but i really didn't need it broken today.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I had the HDPVR before the colossus and it was the same story, very difficult to get working correctly. I asked the developer for ubuntu colossus drivers and they spent over $75,000 to develop their own drivers, needless to say they wont sell them to me. They only use them in a corporate environment. Should be pretty straitforward out of the box. Chances are if they can't get it to work now, they won't.
    Well sure, from a technical perspective the hardware is complex. It would be relatively expensive and time consuming to develop such a product and the associated drivers for any platform (Linux, Windows, Android...whatever)... but this is true for a *lot* of hardware. The Colossus and HD-PVR are by no means special in that regard. Also, just because that is true (ie. hardware and drivers are complex and expensive) does not mean that the product would be difficult to get working from an end-user/consumer perspective.

In relation to drivers...
    You said:
    I did and it works perfectly with hauppage and in windows media center.

Well, MP, Kodi, WMC and any other software you install is using the same hardware with the same drivers. If there were problems with the hardware, drivers... or anything else directly related to the Colossus... then you wouldn't have had it working perfectly in any software. In other words I'm saying that your test results prove that there is nothing wrong with the Colossus hardware or driver. The fact that Kodi and MP show slow video and/or don't have audio (...and whatever other problems you've seen...) are an indication that Kodi and MP are not configured fully/correctly.

I know I am sounding a little pissy right now. And I will calm down after i reload my box, but i really didn't need it broken today.
    I'm genuinely sorry your box was borked. We'll be here to help when you're ready to proceed. :)

On that note, if/when you run into problems again, please could you post log files so we can accurately and quickly diagnose exactly what is going on and tell you exactly what you have to do to fix it:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

We can help you with MediaPortal and MediaPortal's TV Server. I'd probably recommend that questions about Kodi are asked on Kodi's forum.

Best regards,
    mm

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Be sure that in TV-Server Configuration, Crossbar parameters are O.K for each channel.
    YRYBY #1 and SPDIF In #2 in your case (not SPDIF In #1 that is for HDMI audio)
    crossbar.jpg

Last edited:

DamianFears

Portal Member
    February 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Be sure that in TV-Server Configuration, Crossbar parameters are O.K for each channel.
    YRYBY #1 and SPDIF In #2 in your case (not SPDIF In #1 that is for HDMI audio)
    View attachment 162794

I had exactly the same issue as @Salsberry Steak and changing the audio settings above fixed the 'slow motion' video. Thanks for posting.

jack7666w

May 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Taiwan Taiwan
    Sorry for my English. Can someone teach me how to use the Colossus for capture on the MediaPortal, I cannot find any settings, just don't know how to start to record my PS3 :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom