Hauppauge WinTV PVR-150MCE Remote (Silver) (1 Viewer)

nekkidtruth

Portal Member
February 27, 2006
London, Ontario Canada
I'm not currently at home so I can't give specific model numbers for the remote etc, but I find that half the buttons don't even work. The remote is silver on top, black on bottom and has an hourglass type shape. It also has a green Windows button in the center (which does nothing of course).

Is this a common issue? Is this remote fully supported? I'm not sure if I have something configured incorrectly.

I set the remote in MP as "Other" and selected Hauppauge 45 button if I remember correctly.

Any advice would be appreciated. I'd like to utilize the remote to it's full capacity if possible. There are buttons like "My TV" "My Pictures" "My Music" etc. All of which do nothing at all.

TIA

Edit: Found a picture of the remote....

mce_remote_w_beanbag_large.jpg

nekkidtruth

Portal Member
February 27, 2006
London, Ontario Canada
Nemulate said:
Try setting the remote type to MCE (european version) think you'll have much more luck ;)

Oooo I didn't even think of that! I'll give that a try when I get home from work.

Thanks a ton for the suggestion! You may have just made my love for MP grow deeper :oops: :twisted: :lol:

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    nekkidtruth said:
    It also has a green Windows button in the center (which does nothing of course).
    If you install mptray, then you will be able to use the "green button" to launch MediaPortal.... :)

I think that you can get it from here, but the site is down at the moment, so I couldn't check for you .... :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom