HD-PVR needs restart (1 Viewer)

graemef

Portal Pro
November 28, 2004
Perth
Home Country
Hi there, just installed my new HD-PVR and love the quality of Fxtl instead of the old SVideo input. All works beautifully, but if I leave the HTPC idle for a while then try to watch TV it is as if the PVR has gone to sleep. Need to turn it off and on, then reboot the PC to get it working again. Tried searching the forum, but couldn't find anything using the terms I searched for. Is this a known issue with a fix, or just my HTPC being difficult.
Thx

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

My guess would be it might have something to do with USB power saving, so yes it could be PC or configuration specific.
    I'd contact Hauppauge if you haven't already - you're more likely to get an accurate answer and support from them.

mm

graemef

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2004
    Perth
    Home Country
    Will get in contact with them. I have been fiddling with it, and now for some reason whenever I turn a STB channel on with MP a huge green led lights up on the HD PVR gaming edition box. This just started, worked fine without it (except for the problem above), but is flaming annoying now. Have to look into how to get this turned off now....

AncientYoof

Portal Member
    November 25, 2013
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    whenever my hdpvr gets a signal it turns on bright blue, its in a cupboard so I cant see it

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think Hauppauge call it the "bling" light. You should be able to turn it off (if you want to) by getting into the HD-PVR encoder filter property pages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom