HDD loading alot (1 Viewer)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    @Kui Really curious if you've tested the above (and if it helps/solved your issue) ;)

Kui

Portal Pro
    November 11, 2010
    Alajärvi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hello @HomeY!

Sorry for not answering or taking so long.

I have updated things abit so can't see the HDD loading thing anymore. Firstly I updated the MP version to 1.7, then 1.8 and right after that bought Samsung 840 EVO SSD drive and now updated the MP 1.9. ;)

Basically when updated to MP 1.8 (i think), haven't seen the HDD loading effect anymore, and blazing fast SSD killed the problem totally! :D

I didn't try the things you guys suggested, sorry for that. :whistle: Im not totally sure did I re-install the mysql db when updated to MP 1.8, but anyway remembering it was the time HDD loading thing went away...

I have another suggestion for you. Make sure the TVService is disabled and MediaPortal is closed/not running.
    Install MSSQL Express, export your MySQL database, and import that in MSSQL.
    Then run the following 4 queries on the new MSSQL dB:
    ALTER DATABASE MpTvDb SET SINGLE_USER WITH ROLLBACK IMMEDIATE;
    ALTER DATABASE MpTvDb SET ALLOW_SNAPSHOT_ISOLATION ON;
    ALTER DATABASE MpTvDb SET READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT ON;
    ALTER DATABASE MpTvDb SET MULTI_USER;

You must mean on that post just to test does it take HDD loading thing away when changing to MSSQL, but stupid question, what would be advantages/disadvantages to use MSSQL rather than MySQL? :)

Kui

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You must mean on that post just to test does it take HDD loading thing away when changing to MSSQL, but stupid question, what would be advantages/disadvantages to use MSSQL rather than MySQL?
    HDD loading wont be affected at all, it will still be happening as much as before (EPG grabbing results are saved to DB).
    What is different is that MP UI thread is not blocked by the long lasting SQL insert (10 seconds in my case) as the DB isolation behavior is changed:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/tcbchxcb(v=vs.110).aspx

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom