hdhomerun with dvb-s2 support? (1 Viewer)

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    @mm1352000

Gday fella, been away for a bit but back now. I know you've had contact with Silicon Dust about the hdhomerun. Are you aware whether they're going to produce a dvb-s2 version?

There is a thread in the development section but they're being quite coy about the whole thing...

Cheers

Chris

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Chris

I've seen a few questions about DVB-S/S2 support in their forum so I know what you mean by "coy". Honestly, it isn't something I've ever asked them about, so I know nothing more than what has been posted publicly by their reps. If you really want to put them on the spot my suggestion is to contact them via IRC. Obviously plans for future products are generally one of business' most closely guarded secrets, so be prepared for a "no comment"/"I can neither confirm nor deny..." response. If they're planning something (and I'm not saying they are - I would not be privy to such information), I'm sure they'll reveal the details in good time.

Warm regards,
    mm

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    By the way, looking at your comment about "TVE 3.5 being nowhere near ready": when was the last time you tried MP2 with Native TV?

Benoire

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 17, 2012
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Chris

I've seen a few questions about DVB-S/S2 support in their forum so I know what you mean by "coy". Honestly, it isn't something I've ever asked them about, so I know nothing more than what has been posted publicly by their reps. If you really want to put them on the spot my suggestion is to contact them via IRC. Obviously plans for future products are generally one of business' most closely guarded secrets, so be prepared for a "no comment"/"I can neither confirm nor deny..." response. If they're planning something (and I'm not saying they are - I would not be privy to such information), I'm sure they'll reveal the details in good time.

Warm regards,
    mm

Hey mm

I guess I'll just let them be, they'll release something when they're ready! I'm just desperate to remove the multitude of quad shielded RG-6 cables running all over the place... To replace with a single Ethernet cable would be heaven, hence why I would like Sat>IP support as that LNB-IP looks pretty sweet with its 8 tuners.

By the way, looking at your comment about "TVE 3.5 being nowhere near ready": when was the last time you tried MP2 with Native TV?

I need qualify that statement, please don't think I'm putting it down :) I cannot comprehend the amount of work you're putting in to TVE3.5 at present. I tried it a few weeks ago but its not ready for the production environment (i.e. WAF) as it wasn't well received. I'm not a big fan of MP2 right now, something seems off but I do hope that will change. I also need the sky mods for my own sanity so this is another reason why it won't work for me yet.

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom