HDPLEX internal MCE IR Remote Control (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Do you want an internal solution or can you also live with an external ir-receiver?
    I need an internal one.

Perhaps I could make you a special community price... ;)
    Sounds good. Is that your own shop then?

PS: Which mainboard model do you use?
    Asus P8Z68 DELUXE/GEN3 (Socket 1155)

However it sounds like that motherboard won't be supporting power on usb so I might be using the device mentioned above for it.
    Nevertheless I'm going to do another build for which I can still choose a motherboard. Do you recommend any that would work nicely with your internal receiver and still support power on from cold?

If all goes well I might be needing quite a few of those receivers at some point, can you deliver them by the 100?

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Thanks this is helping a lot already.

For the record one needs to copy this file into:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\defaults\InputDeviceMappings
    Just have it replace the existing "Centarea HID.xml" after doing a backup of the original file.

Then go in Configuration / Remote and enable the following one:

upload_2014-9-14_19-24-57.png

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Last edited:

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok it looks like using this configuration software one can repro that thing pretty much any way you want.
    Except that some MCE IR code though they are received by the remote can't be repro cause not on the provided remote which image is used by the configuration software, see below.
    Also one most annoying thing to me is that the CD Eject key appears not to be recognized by the receiver.

upload_2014-9-14_20-30-24.png

upload_2014-9-14_20-31-21.png

upload_2014-9-14_20-31-59.png

AEOne

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I need an internal one.
    Do you recommend any that would work nicely with your internal receiver and still support power on from cold?
    I would recommend a MB with a CIR-header or a MO from ASRock with Intel chipset and an IR1-header. Then you can use a CIR IR-receiver. This receiver supports wakeup from S3, S4, S5 (soft-off, cold).

Sounds good. Is that your own shop then?
    Yes, it is. ;)

If all goes well I might be needing quite a few of those receivers at some point, can you deliver them by the 100?
    I will send you a PM and then let's talk about the things there.

Regards, AEOne

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Not being too happy with that HDPLEX solution and still needing an internal IR solution to replace my iMON on a system that does not support USB power on I'll be trying this PCS-MCE next:
    http://www.simerec.com/PCS-MCE.html

The problem I have with that HDPLEX/YAOCOO thing is that that the CD Eject command and a few others are not recognized. The configuration tools are great but still not going far enough IMHO. It sounds like a great hardware that is somewhat let down by it's firmware and configuration software. Wait I've heard that story before... :)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    The problem I have with that HDPLEX/YAOCOO thing is that that the CD Eject command and a few others are not recognized
    upload_2016-5-12_14-33-47.png
    I have not reassigned only three buttons, for some reason they always return the following pressing (in the picture).
    You can then decide how it is? Do not know?

EDIT: It seems that these buttons are always submerged like this:
    CTRL+G, CTRL+D or CTRL+T, CTRL+SHIFT+M ie MCE Guide, Details, DVD Menu ...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom