HDPVR2 Dish Network MediaPortal and Me (1 Viewer)

*Roma*

May 5, 2007
Hello and welcome :)

So first question: are you really dealing with an HD-PVR 2? My understanding is that the new HD-PVR (ie. the one released early this year) is not yet supported in MediaPortal. I could be wrong, and even if I am not wrong it hopefully shouldn't be hard to add support... so I'd love to work with you to get it working.

Let me know what you need from me.
Two things:
  1. Please grab a screenshot of -->this<-- section of TV Server configuration. In other words, I want to see your tuner list.
  2. I need to see some technical detail about the HD-PVR 2. This is a bit more complex but here are the instructions:
  • 1. Download and run GraphSudio from here:
    http://blog.monogram.sk/janos/2009/06/14/monogram-graphstudio-0320/
    You want the 32 bit one.
    No install required - just run it.
  • In the top menu click "graph", then select "insert filter...".
  • You'll see two fields at the top of the new window. In the first, select "WDM Streaming Crossbar Devices", and in the second select "All Filters".
  • Please repeat for each device in the list: select, then click "insert".
  • Hit escape or click the X in the top right corner to close the insert window.
  • In the top menu click "graph", then select "make screenshot".
Please post/attach both screenshots here and we'll go from there. :)

mm

Hi mm1352000,

Can you please add support for Hauppauge HD PVR 60 ?

PMT_PID for HD PVR 60 = 0x100

Thanks.

Attachments

• graphstudio.png
    graphstudio.png
    18.3 KB
  • Snap2.png
    Snap2.png
    47.9 KB
Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Roma

Thanks for the information. :)

Adding support for the HD-PVR 60 looks like it will require a bit more work than the HD-PVR 2 due to Hauppauge's strange choice of video input type. "Parallel digital" (as shown in your first screenshot) is a bizarre choice because HDMI is actually a serial connection, and parallel is the opposite of serial. To add to the strangeness, the HDMI inputs for Colossus, HD-PVR 2 and Colossus 2 were all "serial digital".

Anyhow, that change will mean that TV Server Configuration will have to be patched... and because of that, the patch would have to be updated for each new MediaPortal release. I'm not sure if I can commit to that.

Let me see what I can do...

*Roma*

May 5, 2007
    Hi Roma

Thanks for the information. :)

Adding support for the HD-PVR 60 looks like it will require a bit more work than the HD-PVR 2 due to Hauppauge's strange choice of video input type. "Parallel digital" (as shown in your first screenshot) is a bizarre choice because HDMI is actually a serial connection, and parallel is the opposite of serial. To add to the strangeness, the HDMI inputs for Colossus, HD-PVR 2 and Colossus 2 were all "serial digital".

Anyhow, that change will mean that TV Server Configuration will have to be patched... and because of that, the patch would have to be updated for each new MediaPortal release. I'm not sure if I can commit to that.

Let me see what I can do...

Hi mm1352000,

Has there been any progress on adding HD-PVR 60 support?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes. Please try the attached patch. It's built based on MediaPortal 1.13 but should be compatible with MediaPortal 1.6 and newer, including all future versions of MediaPortal 1 for the foreseeable future.

Installation instructions (same as previous):
    1. Install the latest version of MediaPortal 1.
    2. Open TV Server configuration.
    3. Go to the "manual control" section and click "stop service".
    4. Close TV Server configuration.
    5. Take a backup of the TVLibrary.dll and TvLibrary.Interfaces.dll in your TV Server install folder (typically c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server).
    6. Download and extract the attached DLLs into your TV Server install folder.
    7. Open TV Server configuration (click "yes" to start the service).
    8. Go to the tuner list, and you should now see an "analog" type tuner listed. The tuner name should be either:
      • "Hauppauge Siena Crossbar" tuner for HD-PVR 2 or Colossus 2
      • "HD PVR 60 Crossbar Filter (HD)" for HD-PVR 60
    To add the HD-PVR/Colossus inputs as channels:
    1. Go to the scan section for the new tuner and click "add s-video channels".
    2. Go to the "TV Channels" section, and you should now see one channel per video input.

Attachments

• TVLibrary[1.13_HDPVR2_Colossus2_HDPVR60].zip
      238.9 KB
    Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The patch works :)
    Great. :)

You're welcome.

Do you plan to merge this patch into the main MediaPortal branch?
    I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "main MediaPortal branch", but if I've understood correctly then my answer would be no.

I did update the existing branch to MP 1.13 and added HD-PVR 60 support:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...4-FEAT-Add_support_for_the_Hauppauge_HD-PVR_2

So, that branch now includes HD-PVR 2, Colossus 2 and HD-PVR 60 support.

However, I don't intend to merge the patch/branch into the main ("master") branch at this time.

*Roma*

May 5, 2007
    The patch works :)
    Great. :)

You're welcome.

Do you plan to merge this patch into the main MediaPortal branch?
    I'm not 100% sure what you mean by "main MediaPortal branch", but if I've understood correctly then my answer would be no.

I did update the existing branch to MP 1.13 and added HD-PVR 60 support:
    https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...4-FEAT-Add_support_for_the_Hauppauge_HD-PVR_2

So, that branch now includes HD-PVR 2, Colossus 2 and HD-PVR 60 support.

However, I don't intend to merge the patch/branch into the main ("master") branch at this time.

Yes, I meant master branch.
    Ok, Thanks.

laserheat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2012
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have the colossus 2. I am unable to get sound from the HDMI input. I can pull audio from SPDIF 1 and line in, but not HDMI. I select the "AES in 1" in the advanced tab for Schedules Direct plugin and import my channels, however looking at the individual channels under add/edit tuning detail, there is no AES in the audio drop down. Should there be an AES setting in this drop down? I am using MP 1.15. I tried using automatic without success. Selecting SPDIF 1 will give me audio, but I would prefer to use just HDMI if possible. Thank you for the patch, hope it gets added to the build at some point and any advise is appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom