HDPVR2 Dish Network MediaPortal and Me (2 Viewers)

joeb1990

August 21, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hey! Thanks so much! I haven't had a chance to try this out yet as I was home at my parents for a few weeks working on this and then had to abandon it for work. I lost track of the forum thread but will try as soon as I make it back home!

enricong

Portal Pro
November 18, 2008
If anyone with HD-PVR2 wants to upgrade to 1.6 I've attached DLLs for this version which have the changes by mm1352000 (plus PMT patch).

Been running OK for about a week here, but obviously make a backup of your current ones if you decide to try these :)

Just to report, I'm running with 1.6 and it seems to be working ok.
Haven't noticed any issues yet.

Quek9

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 16, 2013
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    If anyone with HD-PVR2 wants to upgrade to 1.6 I've attached DLLs for this version which have the changes by mm1352000 (plus PMT patch).

Been running OK for about a week here, but obviously make a backup of your current ones if you decide to try these :)
    Thanks, i will try it this week, I just ordered two hdpvr2s to replace my original hdpvrs. In your opinion, does the 2s run more stable than the originals?

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Hi thank you for the patch .

Seems working oK for the video, but i can't get audio from hdmi .

Using hauppauge software the audio come ok from HDMI also in direct mode ac3 multichannel.

what i'm doing wrong ? i tried all the audio pins in the channel configuration, but no audio at all in MPTV.

another question, how can I setup pvr-hd 2 bitrate ecoding and other stuff that are configurable in hauppauge capture util ?

thank you

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Using hauppauge software the audio come ok from HDMI also in direct mode ac3 multichannel.

what i'm doing wrong ? i tried all the audio pins in the channel configuration, but no audio at all in MPTV.
    I think you probably have to use "automatic" for the audio selection.
    Actually the HDMI input is not available to select in TV Server configuration.

another question, how can I setup pvr-hd 2 bitrate ecoding and other stuff that are configurable in hauppauge capture util ?
    You'll have to use external tools. The quality control section in TV Server configuration won't work.

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

I think you probably have to use "automatic" for the audio selection.
    Actually the HDMI input is not available to select in TV Server configuration.

You'll have to use external tools. The quality control section in TV Server configuration won't work.

Uhmm... External.. Like?

Thank you

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Uhmm... External.. Like?
    Like Hauppauge Capture.
    Like Arcsoft ShowBiz (I think it is supplied with the hardware, and I think it gives access to these settings).
    Like GraphStudio and/or GraphStudioNext - configure the property pages on the capture filter.

I think that changes made in external programs will affect MediaPortal.

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Sorry for bothering again,
    Now all seems working as aspected, but..... There is always a but......

Very often while i'm watching tv the image freeze... And changing channel give an unknown error.

Looking at tv server, i find the pvr hd 2 with the grren light on as it is capturing....... And no errors in logs.

The only way to get again the pvr working is unplug the power replug and reboot server ( restart just the tvserver service is not enoght).

May i ask to users that use this card what driver they are using and if i have to take care about other thingto amke it stable?

Thank you

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I suggest you post full log files, regardless of whether you think there are no errors. I would be interested to take a look... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom