HDPVR2 Dish Network MediaPortal and Me (1 Viewer)

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    hi,
    yesterday night pvr card got stuck while starting tv, this time there was an error in logs.
    to clarify, i watched perfectly the tv for some time, then i watched a mkv, after tried to start tv again , but the client gave a black screen.
    No way to start tv until i unplugged the power from the the pvr and restart the tv service.

attached the logs

thank you

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have no idea. You could check your Windows system event logs for errors to confirm. I suggest to report the problem to Hauppauge.

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I have no idea. You could check your Windows system event logs for errors to confirm. I suggest to report the problem to Hauppauge.

Fought all the weekend with this damn pvr-hd2 but still is freezing.

Problem reported to Hauppauge italy, i think it will take long time to be managed.....at first aswer they suggest me to use the last version of drivers

just curious to understand if other users have or had the same problem ad if they figured out how to resolve... but if i i'm not wrong no one is experiencing similar issue, am i ?

thank you

Last edited:

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi,

i want to report a problem with bitrate selection.

the tvserver always uses 8 Mbit/s

i've read that for colossus and pvr-hr to change quality and all the option for bitrate and etc have to be set from showbiz application , but it is not true for pvr-hd2 , it has a special reg key for it.

the default key is this

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\hcwE5bda\Parameters\TvService.exe]
    "AudioEncDataRate"=dword:0000000a
    "BitRateMode"=dword:00000001
    "BitRate"=dword:007a1200

the bitrate is set at 8000000.

changing keys to the ones setup in showbiz keys

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\hcwE5bda\Parameters\TvService.exe]
    "AudioEncDataRate"=dword:0000000a
    "BitRateMode"=dword:00000000
    "BitRate"=dword:00989680
    "BitRatePeak"=dword:00d59f80
    "H264VideoProfile"=dword:00000004
    "H264Level"=dword:000001a4
    "DNRMode"=dword:00000000

to get bitrate variable from 10000000 to 14000000

restarting tvserver and tv channel produce a reverting of the bitrate to the default one 8000000 :(

the results is i can timeshift and record only at 8000000 rate

how can manage to fix it ?

thank you

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Sorry, I don't know. Like I said previously TV Server currently doesn't support controlling these values for Colossus or HD-PVR v2. We are not intentionally changing these settings.

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Sorry, I don't know. Like I said previously TV Server currently doesn't support controlling these values for Colossus or HD-PVR v2. We are not intentionally changing these settings.

i know but seems that it is....
    and not just bitrate, seems that tvservice.exe alters also key for bitratemode to 1 intead of 0 ...
    in fact at the moment mediaportal can only record and timeshif at fixed bitrate @8000000 :(

any idea for a workaround ? i tried to deny setvalue for that key in permissions ,but seems that it is ignored... :(

thank you

regset.jpg

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I can only repeat:
    We are not intentionally changing these settings.

You told me that the settings here don't make any difference:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...n/02_TV_Servers/5_Scan_Analog#Quality_Control

There are no other TV Server settings which could possibly cause this.

and not just bitrate, seems that tvservice.exe alters also key for bitratemode to 1 intead of 0 ...
    The bitrate is just one of the encoder settings. TV Server can set the bit rate, bit rate mode and peak bit rate for certain encoders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom