HDPVR2 Dish Network MediaPortal and Me (4 Viewers)

rileydogmi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I found my problem, It was my audio source in my crossbar parameter.I set to Line in #1

I did it before but I've tested with the button preview in tvserver where I got no sound.

I have a many recordings with no sound - I saw this post but have no idea where the audio source / crossbar parameter is at. I have my HD-PVR2 using line in (not SPDIF) - where can I find this audio source setting so my recordings have sound? Thanks![DOUBLEPOST=1412420054][/DOUBLEPOST]I found it - in the TV Channels section - edit channel....

Last edited:

rileydogmi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2014
    Home Country
    OK - I still can't figure this out. Any help is appreciated.

What I know is that I can run the Hauppauge capture software and hear sound and see video. I am using the Hauppauge Line In (not SPDIF) for audio.

In my audio sources, I have many options - I have tried the following: Automatic, Tuner, Line In #1, Line In #2 and Line In #3 -- all yield no sound - I have a picture in all cases. My Card is ID#3, and I am using Component video.

Any idea why I don't get sound in MP?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Please take a look at the first post here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-talk-45/hauppauge-hd-pvr-colossus-support-94850/

It tells you the mapping between the physical inputs and the options you have in the channel configuration.
    If you're using the component with RCA audio then according to that post you should be using YRYBY #1 as video source and Line In #1 as audio source.

If you still have problems with audio when using these settings, try a different AAC audio codec:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/9_Codecs_and_Renderer/1_TV_Codecs

You're currently using the Monogram codec for AAC audio. From what you've already installed, you could try:
    • ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD
    • Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder
    You could also use the MP Extension Manager to install the LAV codecs, and then try the LAV audio codec.

Regards,
    mm

rileydogmi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks - I have one channel, channel 3, set to YRYBY #1 and Line In #1 -- I have tried every combination of audio decoders I can think of, including the LAV one I just installed. What is driving me nuts is, on this same computer, I can run the Hauppauge Capture App that was included with the HD-PVR 2 and I see video and hear audio OK.

But, one thing I do notice is that the options for audio decoders in Hauppauge Capture application is different than the ones I can choose in MP.

In Hauppage, I have (see enclosed image):
    Screen Shot 2014-10-04 at 6.55.51 PM.png

AAC Decoder: ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD
    AC3 Decoder: Hauppauge AC3 Decoder
    MPEG1 Decoder: Hauppauge-MPEG Layer 1/2 Audio

In MP, I don't see "Hauppauge AC3 Decoder" as an option nor am I able to to select decoders in this manner (in MP, MPEG / AC3 is combined whereas in Hauppauge they are separate)

Thanks...

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay.

First, I think you can (and should) ignore the AC3/MPEG audio thing. Every single attempt to view a channel or recording in your previous log files was for h.264 video and AAC audio. In other words, if you're going to look at codec settings then focus on the AAC codec setting. Ignore the AC3/MPEG audio setting - it doesn't have any effect when everything you're trying to play/view has AAC audio.

With that established, let's look at what you've tried for that AAC audio setting...

In your previous log files only the last channel change was performed with codec preferences set (ArcSoft Video Decoder and MONOGRAM AAC Decoder). All other attempts used system default codecs, which in your case happen to be Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder and Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder.

So, I can see you've tried Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder and MONOGRAM AAC Decoder, and I can take your word that you've tried ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD, and LAV.

To have tried all of them and still not get any audio is extremely unusual. I think it is time to check the basics and be logical.

Please can you do the following tests...

TEST 1
    1. Open MediaPortal.
    2. Press alt + enter to switch to windowed mode (where you can see the desktop).
    3. Start playing live TV.
    4. Press the m key to toggle mute on/off. If that does not help...
    5. Press the +/= key to increase volume. If that does not help...
    6. Open the Windows audio mixer from the Windows system tray.
    7. Check the MediaPortal application volume control is not muted, and volume is set to a reasonable level.

TEST 2
    1. Make a short recording of something with MP TV Server. Anything. It doesn't matter as long as it has audio.
    2. Attempt to play that recording in MediaPortal. Assumed result is that audio won't be heard.
    3. Attempt to play that recording in any other application. VLC, Hauppauge Capture - it doesn't particularly matter. Expected result is that audio is heard, which would confirm that you should be getting audio in MediaPortal. If audio is not heard then we know there is a problem with your channel configuration in TV Server.

TEST 3

1. Make a short recording of something with Hauppauge Capture. Anything. It doesn't matter as long as it has audio.
    2. Attempt to play that recording in MediaPortal. Assumed result is that audio won't be heard.
    3. Attempt to play that recording in any other application. VLC, Hauppauge Capture - it doesn't particularly matter. Expected result is that audio is heard, which would confirm that you should be getting audio in MediaPortal. If audio is not heard then we know there is a problem with MediaPortal configuration.

rileydogmi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks for all the help. Test 1 failed, working on the rest and will get back working on this tomorrow...

But what concerns me is that for AAC, MP has 2 options and Hauppage has 3 - the one that works in Hauppauge is the one that is missing in MP...

Why are the popup's not showing the same options? The ArcSoft Audio Decoder HD is not an option in MP - and, that is the one that is working in Hauppauge...

Thanks,

MP Options:
    Screen Shot 2014-10-04 at 9.51.34 PM.png

MP Options:
    Screen Shot 2014-10-04 at 9.49.55 PM.png

rileydogmi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2014
    Home Country
    Thanks so much for all your help - I ended up reinstalling windows and starting fresh - and it seems to be working now! I think it was I had a lot of remnants of my old SageTV and old HDPVR on there - so, after I completely started from scratch I am getting sound. Thanks again for all your help!

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    hi swifty,

do you know if the patch is still working with 1.11 ?

thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom