Help Playing Blu-Ray new boy with No ...Idea (1 Viewer)

foxint

June 15, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi
I am new and this whole programme is so complex. I tried to follow the installation. Then there were the options....I have no idea what any of the options are.

I have Cyberlink Power DVD 12 for 2 years and never able to get the blue ray to work. This programme got good reports, but it is very hard to work... Many of the screen shots are for older versions.

When I push some options there is no back button or confirm and they change.

I have AC3 filter and that seems to do nothing.

All I want to to watch a Blu-ray...I have given up on streaming videos. I think I will need to ask my 7 year old

Can some nice person HELP...

Almost 5:30 here and I have been trying since 3:30pm.. almost about to uninstal...

Dan

tony72

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2009
    Home Country
    England England
    If your primary goal is to play bluray, you should figure out why PowerDVD is not working first. MediaPortal is not primarily a bluray player, and it should be much simpler to play discs with PowerDVD - it should just work.So maybe you have a problem with your drive or your PC that you need to fix, before thinking about MediaPortal.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi and welcome foxint ;)

Some additional information about the native blu-ray (and all other options) can be found in our Wiki:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/0_What's_New/1.3.x/Native_Blu-ray_Support

For the BDJ discs you can install the Blu-ray Handler plugin, which does not show the menus, but gives select from a list of 'streams', so you can play the movie. (Corrected, Blu-ray Handler isn't needed afterall!)

MediaPortal is not primarily a bluray player, and it should be much simpler to play discs with PowerDVD
    That's not correct since MediaPortal has native blu-ray support as of version 1.3Alpha, but it's limited since BDJ (Java menu) discs aren't supported (yet).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom