How can I tell if a satellite audio stream is 5.1? (1 Viewer)

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Just for info. I have an own TvPlugin with support of signal length and quality on TV OSD. ;)

tvosd-png.166828.png

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    how often will it be populated? once after tuning? every change for thiese values? or every call of channel information screen?
    surely we can publish this information to skin, and then skin creator can decide whether he wants to show this info and where.

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    how often will it be populated? once after tuning? every change for thiese values? or every call of channel information screen?
    surely we can publish this information to skin, and then skin creator can decide whether he wants to show this info and where.

I do not remember but about 5-10 secs. It needs TvPlugin update...

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Vasilich

Portal Pro
    August 30, 2009
    Germany, Mayence
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    My current dev versions of TsReader.ax do parse the actual audio stream to extract the audio channel count (so it can generate the mediatype information on the output pin correctly). It also logs the information (and detects changes to channel count during play).
    as i was forced to upgrade to MP 1.12, @Owlsroost please can you point me to the places where you do this parsing, or, better, where shoud we insert this additional function with audio information? So i can spare some time understanding the complete TSReader logic

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The actual audio header parsing starts at - https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...lters/TsReader/source/DeMultiplexer.cpp#L1569 (in 'CDeMultiplexer::FillAudio()')

This is then used to fill out the internal 'm_mpegPesParser->basicAudioInfo' structure which other things use to get info about the current audio stream.

Note that this is only for the currently active/selected audio stream - it does not parse any inactive audio streams.

If you call 'CDeMultiplexer::GetAudioStreamType()' it fills out a standard DirectShow 'mediatype' structure with all the information - this is what AudioPin.cpp calls, for example here - https://github.com/MediaPortal/Medi...ShowFilters/TsReader/source/AudioPin.cpp#L136 - when 'GetMediaType()' is called during audio output pin connection is done during graph building.

See https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd373394(v=vs.85).aspx , https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd373477(v=vs.85).aspx and https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd390970(v=vs.85).aspx for more info about mediatypes and (for audio) WAVEFORMATEX structures.

What do you actually want to do here - just provide the audio equivalent to the video 'OnVideoFormatChanged()' or 'OnBitRateChanged()' callbacks to MP player for the audio side of things ?

Users who are viewing this thread