How to edit list of tags? (1 Viewer)

Claus Jepsen

Portal Member
April 1, 2013
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have just started using MPTagThat and likes it.
I do miss one or two special tags, like: "Children's"

How can I add a tag to the tag list?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi Claus,

you mean the "Genre" list. Right?
    I was using the official List of Genres, which are available for mp3.
    You always can Type "Children's" in the Combo box, or whatever you would like and it is taken as a genre.
    However i understand, that you maybe don't want to type that every time, so i will give users the option to add custom Genres, in the settings, which will then be used.

Watch out for it in the next release.

thanks,

Helmut

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Just released 3.1.3, which contains your requested feature

In the settings Dialog (F12) choose the ID3 section.
    Add as many Custom Genres as you like and they are available then in the Genre Selection

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Update: I was looking up now the NSIS installer. Seems that i can make it to install silently. Just published a first version of MPTagThat 2. the next update can have a silent version, if you are still interested.
    Update: I was looking up now the NSIS installer. Seems that i can make it to install silently. Just published a first version of...
    Hi all, Hello @hwahrmann, I have a question to the installation of MPTagThat (3.18 /MPTagThat 2 beta). Can someone tell me from...
    Replies
    Views
    MP1 MP2 MP2 - V2.5 Media Source DE
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like because i want to disable the share watch) I can select my Media Source, however i seems to only briefly been shown and the goes back to the list. So i cannot actually edit it. Can et bee due to the "long"...
    @Brownard, just a stupid question. Yes it works now by manually entering the path. However when i try to edit the settings (like...
    I had to replace my NAS and after reinstalling a new one i thought. Lets modify the Media Source. - However that did not work "if"...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    Works also, removed the "section" entry from MediaPortal.xml ;) (y)
    This plugin is alternate version to the original World Weather plugin developed by @Micropolis. Is compatible with MediaPortal...
    Replies
    Views
    THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
    THX for info. 0.62 plugin version doesn't crash with MP 1.31 therefore, it seems to me to be little buggy...
    Started on: 2023-12-26 last update: 2023-12-26 Summary: Minimize the amount of data written to disk by simulating a tempfs RAM...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom