How to make a green selection bar for an unsupported plugin.. (1 Viewer)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
The title says it all. To add a fading green selection bar for unsupported plugins to the Home & Plugins screens do the following:

1. Open MediaPortal Config -> Plugins and see what that Plugin is called there. Lets call it "XYZ_B" for example.

2. Make a copy of the button_videos.xml file in BleazleWide V7/Media directory (actually you can copy any of the button_XXX.xml files)

3. Rename the copied file to whatever your plugin is call in MediaPortal Config, so in this case it will be: button_XYZ_B.xml (this file has to be in the BleazleWide V7/Media directory )

4. Run MP - you should have a green bar there now.

I don't use/know of every plugin out there so there aren't button files for them all. If you do create a button file please post it here so that others can use it, plus I can add it to any skin updates.

Cheers.

Bleazle

Cressari

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2008
    Konstanz
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thank you very much for this hint, it functions perfectly.
    Here are 3 xmls that do the job with the green bar for File Explorer, Online Videos and Fanatic Monitor (the great tool that works with speedfan and displays temperatures of CPU, GPU etc.)

Attachments

• button_FANatic Monitor.xml
      30.7 KB
    • button_File Explorer.xml
      30.7 KB
    • button_Online Videos.xml
      30.7 KB

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have this working for the Play Disc Shortcut button in MP1.1 Alpha (button_Play Disc Shortcut.xml), but doesn't seem to like mvids.dll plugin. I have tried
    button_music videos.xml
    button_musicvideos.xml
    button_mVids.xml

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom