How to programm escape function on remote control (1 Viewer)

andy_328

Portal Pro
November 19, 2014
Home Country
Austria Austria
Hello,

I am using the TBS remote controll with the TBS 6928 dvb-s2 card. On the TBS VHID is no way to programm any return or escape function. Like this once I am in the TV Menu I cant go back, and the remote control become unuseful at all.

Is there any way to get this work?

Thanks
Bye

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Which key is your remote control sending? Backspace? MP uses Escape by default.
    There are several ways to fix that.
    One of them is to change your keymap.xml
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\keymap.xml

See configuration:
    upload_2014-12-1_13-41-36.png

andy_328

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2014
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello,
    thanks it works fine. Finally I can use MP without any PC Keyboard. The TBS Remote Control isn't really usefull with MP. A lot of buttons doesn't send any signal or doesn't have a function on the utility TBS VHID. Is there a remote control which is made for Media Portal?

thanks

andy_328

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2014
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Ok, but this is an reciver only. Does it works with eacht infrared controller? Would it be better take a reciever and controller together?
    Not that on the end I have the same mess, as I have with the TBS one..)

thanks

perky

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2014
    Home Country
    England England
    I've just been through configuring a supposedly MCE compatible remote to MP, but only some of the buttons worked (noticably absent amounst others was the back button, page up and page down). My solution was to use EventGhost with he EventGhostPlus MP plugin. This is actually a very slick way of doing it, you can map keys, create macros and has great configuration possibilities.

If you are going that way download and install EventGhost first, and add the MCE and MediaPortal plugins (disable all other plugins for now). Make sure you can detect each button press, they'll show up in the left hand pane. The important bit is how these individual button presses or 'events' are mapped to the MediaPortal functions, there has to be an event for each MP action, so look in the MediaPortal directory section in the right hand pane - you need to first press a button and then drag the button event in the left pane (marked with a yellow lightning icon) into the required MediaPortal action in the right pane. Then install EventGhostPlus plugin into MP. Hopefully a button press will result in MP actioning it and you'll get access to all your buttons.

You won't find EventGhostPlus in the MP plugin manager, you'll need to download it and install manually (word of caution here, on the EventGhostPlus plugin site you'll see a link for EventghostPlus_1.1.3.2.mpe1, this is for MP 1.5 or below, you need to click the big download button to the right of it to get EventghostPlus_1.1.3.5.mpe1 if you use MP 1.6 or above.

Mark.

andy_328

Portal Pro
    November 19, 2014
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hello thanks for reply. As for now I am still using the native remote controll of the TBS card, by changing these keys the return button and escape work fine. I will have a look on the Eventghost plugin soon.

thanks

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    If you plan to use MP2 in the future, I suggest to be familiar with IR Server Suite instead of eventghost because IRSS is compatible with MP2 when Eventghost is not.

They are both similar software but you can achieve more "special thing" with eventghost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom