How to setup QAM HDHomeRun with MediaPortal V1.0.0.0 RC1? (1 Viewer)

xavierjohn

June 6, 2008
TV-Server Version: V1.0.0.0 RC1
MediaPortal Version: V1.0.0.0 RC1
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo wide 0.2.3.0
Windows Version: Windows Vista Premium 32bit SP1
CPU Type: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E6550 @ 2.33GHz, 2331 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
HDD: WDC WD5000AAJS-00YFA0 ATA Device
Memory:4GB
Motherboard: P5E-VM HDMI
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Video Card Driver: 7.15.11.7516
Sound Card: Realtek High Definition Audio
Sound Card AC3:Realtek High Definition Audio
Sound Card Driver: rtkvhda.sys (6.0.1.5404, 1.69 MB (1,769,952 bytes), 5/31/2008 9:19 PM)
1. TV Card: HDHomeRun
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver: hdhomerun_firmware_20080427
[MPEG2 Video Codec: Power DVD 7
MPEG2 Audio Codec: Power DVD 7
h.264 Video Codec: Power DVD 7
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Cable Comcast
HTPC Case: Antech Fushion
Cooling: Air cooled
Power Supply: Antech 500 watts
Remote: MCE Remote
TV: Pioneer Plasma
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

How to setup HDHomeRun with V1.0.0.0 RC1? The instructions I found are for old versions.
There are several channel scanning options, which one should I use? ( ATSC, QAM instead of ATSC, QAM HRC+3, QAM HRC, QAM IRC, QAM Standard, QAM Std Alternative) I am located in USA.
I could not get TV Guide to find any channel information.

diehard2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2006
    Chicago
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    QAM standard I believe if you are trying to catch unencrypted cable channels. ATSC if you are trying to see over that air channels.

mizzourob

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 16, 2008
    Lawrence, KS
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    In The USA you will need to use the SchedulesDirect plugin for TVServer, and pay the $20 annual fee, they do offer a free trial to test it out too (not free but much cheaper than the cable company's fee). [Link]

HDHomeRun can only pick up ClearQAM and not encrypted channels. There is another issue though with the channels that MediaPortal will find scanning your cable network compared to using the software that came with the HDHomeRun, here is a link to my post explaining it [Link] though I don't have a solution yet :(

-Rob

Oh just to clarify for you, the QAM is a digital cable standard, and is incompatible with analog (NTSC). In MediaPortal once you have it installed, open TV Server setup, then click on TV Servers, then your computer name, then you will see two HDHomeRun tuners, click on one and use QAM standard. though your cable operator may use a differing set of QAM frequencies, hence the other options. You may have to try a few to find the one your cable operator uses. Then you can go to TV Channels and rename, or remap the channels to a regular channel number. If I'm not mistaken, the channel number is what SchedulesDirect uses to match the guide to the channels, so you probably should have it match the numbers provided in a lineup card from the cable company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom