How to use Ant Movie Catalog? (1 Viewer)

NewUser

Portal Pro
January 8, 2008
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
I looked thru the help files, but it doesn't help.

How do I make a "scan"? Because now I see you have to maunally add in each file. Is there a scan function in which you point to its parent directory, use the folder name as title and then do a IMDB scan?

Thanks.

takagari

Portal Member
February 17, 2008
i am wondering the same thing. I have 185 video files in a DIR and Am unsure how I can get them to list into Ant without manually adding each one :(

N

Nikson

I also had such problem when I used Ant Movie Catalog. But know I use Movienizer. I was glad to find out that I could import my Ant Movie Catalog database into it. Movienizer is absolutely free too.

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    The difficulty in scanning your movie collection is the main reason I don't use My Movies. It's dependence on such a frustrating app (Ant) means you have to go through an entire application interface education just to do what should be simple. There's SO many options, importers, and configuration elements for what should be simple (i.e. "here's my movie directory, scan it and create an entry for each movie found").

zebons

Portal Pro
    January 2, 2006
    If you have a lot of movies, you'd use AMCUpdater for scanning and adding your movies into the database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom