HP MCE Remote IR Receiver Install Troubles (1 Viewer)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    IR Server doesn't install any drivers of it's own. Though it interacts with the device differently to most (if not all) other solutions.

Good to hear you got it working in the end.

ctgoodman

Portal Member
    May 30, 2006
    Salisbury, NC, USA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    i installed these drivers and they properly identified the remote (no more "BB dongle + e.d"), it still doesn't work right but i am a bit closer than i was. might want to try it out.

OK, I too had the exact same issue. I loaded the drivers you posted and it did install and the "BB+ Dongle (e.d)" is gone and now I have a "eHome Infrared Receiver (USBCIR)" under USB devices that it says it cannot load the driver for, it may be missing or corrupt. Mine is also an HP Media Center remote (see link below). It works fine in Vista. I was wondering where you found these drivers an if there may be a newer set?

The remote I have
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290164722454&ssPageName=ADME:B:EF:US:11

cclaufer

October 16, 2007
    I have the same remote as ctgoodman and am also having problems getting it to work. What do you recommend? I am using Windows XP 2005 MCE

armanis

November 10, 2007
    MCE 2005 is woking fine with BB+ Dongle (Phillips receiver from HP Pavillion dv9521tx).

I solved the problem by installing KB905213, KB912024 and KB925766. I don't know which one did the trick though. Before installing the KBs I tried installing the Vista drivers but they did not work however they might have "helped" the KBs.

NOTE: if you install the vista drivers then you will have to manually update the driver back to the KB's driver by unchecking the "show compatible hardware" checkbox and selecting the xp signed driver.

rathauneek

November 11, 2007
    I went to Best Buy to look for an MCE remote and the sales rep said they didn't sell them but was kind enough to give me one from their collection of unused ones. I got the same one as the OP (Receiver PN: 5070-2584; Remote PN: 5070-2583).

Has anyone here figured out the drivers for this device on Windows XP MCE 2005?

armanis

November 10, 2007
    I reinstalled my MCE 2005 from scratch and found out that after installing the KBs, you will have to manually find the driver for the ir receiver.

Steps:
    1) Open Device Manager
    2) Double click on the unrecognised device (your ir receiver)
    3) Click on Update Driver
    4) choose install from a list (Advanced)
    5) choose don't search
    6) choose the first option (all device categories)
    7) Select Microsoft -> eHome Infrared Receiver

done!

rathauneek

November 11, 2007
    Thanks! That did the trick to get the remote working, but the button presses continuously repeat. Is that a problem with the driver being incompatible or is there another fix for that?

tchan012

November 17, 2007
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    i got the same issue of the button repeating - is driving me crazy.
    this does not happen in Vista. Only in XP MCE with a HP media remote (which came with my Vista Laptop)
    anyone have any ideas?

foxandsoul

June 27, 2007
    tchan012
    I had the same problem. And then I read in the manual that it suppose to work just with Vista so I gave up. If someone knows how to fix it -that would be greate!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom