HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (2 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello @Saranity,
... installed new HTPCInfo but I find MP hangs on startup only when my WiFi is off ie no network ...
To find the issue, please disable the following settings of HTPCInfo together and/or step by step in the configuration dialog (if necessary):
  • Monitor xAP sensors
  • Monitor TV Server
  • Monitor TV Client
  • Monitor shared network drives
  • Monitor files
  • Check for available updates
Do you see any differences now? In case of "No", please post your Mediaportal logs incl. your MediaPortal.xml file here.

Cheers, Micropolis

Saranity

April 28, 2012
Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
Thanks Micropolis,

The disabling of settings did not change the behavior. Attached are log files.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.xml
    99.7 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi @Saranity,

The disabling of settings did not change the behavior. Attached are log files.
thank you for posting the needed log files.
After taking a look into mediaportal-error.log, I'm able to see a lot of system and plugin related issues.

First, your MediaPortal TVPlugin version differs from the MediaPortal TVServer version. You can see the appropriate log info below, the only way to solve this is to reinstall MediaPortal and MediaPortal TVServer using the same version/build.

[2014-05-25 10:40:44,119] [Error ] [TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - TvPlugin and TvServer don't have the same version.
TvServer Version: 1.7.1.0
TvPlugin Version: 1.5.0.0

Second, the IMDb plugin, which is running on your HTPC, throws a lot of exceptions and cause MediaPortal to stop completely. Remedied by just turning off or deinstalling the plugin.

[2014-05-27 16:30:14,045] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - MediaPortal stopped due to an exception Object reference not set to an instance of an object. IMDb+ at IMDb.PluginSettings.SaveSettings()
at IMDb.IMDb.DeInit()
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.<Clear>b__9(GUIWindow window)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.LockAndDoOnAllRegisteredWindows(Action`1 toDo)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.Clear()
at MediaPortalApp.OnExit()
at MediaPortalApp.Main(String[] args)

Regarding HTPCInfo, most of your performance counters cannot be initialized for monitoring purposes, but this should not crash your HTPC. To solve this issue, please execute the command "lodctr /r" from an elevated command prompt and/or try to start MediaPortal with administrative rights.

Hope this helps, otherwise please disable all plugins (except HTPCInfo), delete your log files and try to reproduce the issue again. Newer log files are very helpful.

Cheers, Micropolis

Saranity

April 28, 2012
Australia
Home Country
Australia Australia
First, your MediaPortal TVPlugin version differs from the MediaPortal TVServer version. You can see the appropriate log info below, the only way to solve this is to reinstall MediaPortal and MediaPortal TVServer using the same version/build.

Second, the IMDb plugin, which is running on your HTPC, throws a lot of exceptions and cause MediaPortal to stop completely. Remedied by just turning off or deinstalling the plugin.

Regarding HTPCInfo, most of your performance counters cannot be initialized for monitoring purposes, but this should not crash your HTPC. To solve this issue, please execute the command "lodctr /r" from an elevated command prompt and/or try to start MediaPortal with administrative rights.

Hope this helps, otherwise please disable all plugins (except HTPCInfo), delete your log files and try to reproduce the issue again. Newer log files are very helpful.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis, thank you for your analysis and assistance.
  • I'll re-install 1.7.1 hotfix to to resolve version mis-match
  • Will uninstall IMDb plugin
  • Will run the lodctr command
Then will let you know the result-fingers crossed

uxDesign

Portal Pro
December 10, 2011
near Munich
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi Micropolis, the TVServerMonitor is preventing my system from going to hibernate. I use Power Scheduler and send the system to hibernate after half an hour. If I close the monitor the system behaves normal. I have turned the standby prevention off. In MP log I see that it checks regularly for inactivity.

Regards, uxDesign

Hi Micropolis, I upgraded to MP 1.8 and the problem no longer persists. I was using MP quite seldom the last months and didn't find time to investigate the problem any further. Regards, uxDesign

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
this plugin has been updated to support the upcoming MediaPortal version 1.9.0. In order to prevent problems and errors with other plugins of my collection, please note the following information:
  • due to architectural changes in the core libraries, all plugins must be updated simultaneously
  • internal update mechanism has been changed with this version, the old way should work until end of October 2014 only
Cheers, Micropolis

123vak123

Portal Pro
December 13, 2010
Minsk
Home Country
Belarus Belarus
Hello

There are two questions about the plugin:
1. I am adjust the display in VideoFullScreen and VideoOSD information about CPU loading and temperature using the parameters #HTPCInfo.ProcessorUsage and #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperature0 . Everything worked fine. Strangeness began after updating MediaPortal to version 1.9, SpeedFan to 4.5 and HTPCInfo to version 1.11.0. After restarting the computer and open MediaPortal - everything is fine. Parameters #HTPCInfo.ProcessorUsage and #HTPCInfo.SensorTemperature0 no longer displayed If I'm close and then reopen MediaPortal. In VideoFullScreen, VideoOSD and windows of plugin displayed only empty space. Also no longer to display all the dynamically changeable parameters.
2. Second questions - this is an old problem. The gauge shows 0% when the HDD is filled about 100%.

Thanks.

ematt

Portal Pro
January 12, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hallo,

I have the same Problem since 1.9 after Standby: No Data in HTPCInfo !
Aftert PC restart it runs for about 2 days. Restart MP has no effect.
In MP 1.8 I have no trouble.

Thanks

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello community,
the official version v1.11.2 of HTPCInfo has been published and can be downloaded from the well known places.

... The gauge shows 0% when the HDD is filled about 100% ...
This issue has been fixed, please retest.

... I have the same Problem since 1.9 after Standby: No Data in HTPCInfo ...
Your statement doesn't help me to understand, why it doesn't work on your machine. For me it works without any issues, nevertheless I've added a power mode handler now to support different environment related scenarios. Please test the new version and give constructive feedback inclusive log files.

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom