HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

fischy667

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • May 5, 2010
    Rostock
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Same here. All your other plugins are on the latest version, too.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    HTPC Info disconnects my client machine from the TV Server on startup if "Monitor TV Server" is selected (the default) ... it took me a day or two to discover this. Each time I started MP on the client machine, it kept giving me a "TV Server Lost Connection" message and I had to re-select the Server when I tried to do anything in the TV section (Guide, Recordings, LiveTV, etc.) but once the server was selected, everything worked properly. I've un selected the option in HTPC Info and the issue is gone. Does this function have a purpose on a client? or just on the main single seat.

uxDesign

Portal Pro
    December 10, 2011
    near Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Micropolis, I use the TVServer service Monitor only. If I try to restart the TV Server I get every time the same message:
    "MediaPortal TVServer service cannot be restarted. Please try again or do it manually.". I have the latest version of the monitor (1.0.5 for .net 3.5 of the 1.0.5 zip).
    an MP 1.5 installed. TVServer service runs under local system account. Running the monitor with admin rights doesn't help. Any ideas? Is there a log somewhere?

Thanks, uxDesign

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,
    ... However, the temperature & voltage sensors now don't work ...
    I'll take a look to this tomorrow.

... HTPC Info disconnects my client machine from the TV Server on startup if "Monitor TV Server" is selected (the default)...
    I don't know why, but I'll try to find the root cause. For me it is working without any problems.

... If I try to restart the TV Server I get every time the same message:
    "MediaPortal TVServer service cannot be restarted. Please try again or do it manually." ...
    Same as above, I'll take a look to this asap.

Cheers, Micropolis

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    H @2.0, @fischy667, @2BitSculptor,
    ... However, the temperature & voltage sensors now don't work ...
    Please try the updated version v1.9.1, from my point of view this issue is now fixed.

... HTPC Info disconnects my client machine from the TV Server on startup if "Monitor TV Server" is selected (the default)...
    After a lot of hours I'm absolutely not able to reproduce this. The complete source code of HTPCInfo does not contain any line, where a TVServer disconnection is triggered or provoked.
    Could you please try the HTPCInfo Diagnostic Tool (use the .NET v3.5 version) and report back, if the same issue occurs with this tool?

Cheers, Micropolis

TRMxFALCON

Portal Member
    November 30, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello and happy new year everyone.

I've tried to install HTPCinfo but went into some problems. Im using MP 1.5 including TV-Server with latest StreamedMP Skin but i cant get HTPCinfo to work.
    It shows the normal Systemdata but not the sensordata like temperature and voltage. (Im using Open Hardware Monitor) The HTPCinfo config detects the available sensors, but the values wont show up in MP.
    So i have tried the HTPCinfo diagnostic tool to locate any problems, but i got this errormessage when i try to start diagnostic:
    upload_2014-1-2_16-5-55.png

Im running Windows 7 x64 Ultimate with installe Net Frameworks 4.5.1. Also all mentioned dll's are installed. The problem occures on my Notebook (intel dualcore) that only provides Core Temperature and Fan Speed but no voltage values and on my PC (AMD Phenom Quadcore that provides Core Temperatures, Fan Speed and Voltage values to Open Hardware Monitor. Since the problem appears on 2 different systems (both Win 7 x64 Ultimate) i think there must be a problem with the 64Bit version of Win 7 Ultimate.

Oh, i also tried to run HTPC Info Diagnostic as Administrator with same result.

Would be nice, if anyone have some hints to fix the problem.

-FALCON

uxDesign

Portal Pro
    December 10, 2011
    near Munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Micropolis,

I used TV server monitor with MP 1.5 without problems and upgraded to MP 1.6 with a complete reinstall and reconfigure. I took the latest HTPCInfo TVServerMonitor.exe for .Net 4.0 and copied it to %program files (x86)%\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal. When I start it it crashes because some DLLs are missing. It is an all in one system. Do I need to copy TV server files to the MP directory? I also copied HTPC Info tool to MP directory and it crashed also. Are there any log files for TV server monitor?

HTPC Info and PowerControl are also installed but HTPC Info is disabled because there are no skin files for Titan.

Regards,
    uxDesign

tv server monitor.jpg plugins.jpgInfo tool.jpg

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello uxDesign, TRMxFALCON,
    ... If I try to restart the TV Server I get every time the same message:
    "MediaPortal TVServer service cannot be restarted. Please try again or do it manually."...
    Please check version 1.0.6, this version contains some changes to this functionality. Feedback is welcome.

... When I start it it crashes because some DLLs are missing. It is an all in one system. Do I need to copy TV server files to the MP directory?...
    The best way is to copy the TVServer Monitor into your MediaPortal installation folder inclusive the required TVServer (TVControl.dll, TVLibrary.Interfaces.dll) and PowerScheduler (PowerScheduler.Interfaces.dll) libraries.

... I've tried to install HTPCinfo but went into some problems. Im using MP 1.5 including TV-Server with latest StreamedMP Skin but i cant get HTPCinfo to work ...
    In most cases the default files for each skin must be adapted to your personal settings, because every HTPC can have more or less sensors and use different sensor names. You must do these skin changes for yourself, a global working skin for Speedfan, Open Hardware Monitor or CoreTemp cannot be provided. Important information how you can make the appropriate changes can be found in the manual chapter 4.2 and 5.

Cheers, Micropolis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom