HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (5 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello Pog,
...I did setup a skin label to view the xAP sensors but no data from them...
I'm not completely sure, what the core question is. Do you want setup more sensor tools or do you want to correct xAP sensors only?
To solve the issue, please read chapter 4.2 and 5 of the manual carefully, customize the settings again and check the output. If this doesn't help, please post your mediaportal.xml here. Otherwise there's no chance to help efficiently.

Cheers, Micropolis

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    My question is are xAP sensors still working? as I don't seem to get any data from the properties as shown in my previous post.

I think I have it set up correct as shown in the manual. I turned off "build skin property from related sensor name" and set up some skin labels to just use the standard property names to test.

In the zip is my mediaportal.xml and a xAP message from a viewer util.

Thanks!

Attachments

• xAP.zip
      19.4 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Pog,
    My question is are xAP sensors still working?
    Thank you for this feedback.
    Before I publish my plugin collection for MediaPortal v1.7.x, I made a whole regression test for all plugins and most functionalities. As I remember, xAP sensor related information are working fine. As soon as possible I can start the HTPCInfo test cycle again using the last Speedfan version. I'll inform you about the result immediately.

EDIT: @Pog: After debugging the source, I suggest that the xAP detection routine contains a small issue regarding case sensitivity. Please find attached a newer HTPCInfo Core library, please replace the published version temporary, retest and give feedback. Thank you.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Pog,
    until now I'm not able to see any feedback about my changes from previous post.
    Could you please test the core library under your conditions as soon as possible? Due to some time constraints I want to rollout this patch in the next few days.

Thank you and regards, Micropolis

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    Hi @Micropolis sorry I had missed your post but I have now checked your updated core.

It is now displaying some info but it is not correct. Hopefully these screenshots can help you out.

The MP screen shows the properties at the top in brackets using the following skin code:

Code:
        <control>
          <type>label</type>
          <posX>500</posX>
          <posY>100</posY>
          <label>[#HTPCInfo.xAPSensorFanCount][#HTPCInfo.xAPSensorFan1][#HTPCInfo.xAPSensorFan2][#HTPCInfo.xAPSensorFan3][#HTPCInfo.xAPSensorFan4][#HTPCInfo.xAPSensorFan5][#HTPCInfo.xAPSensorFan6][#HTPCInfo.xAPSensorFan7][#HTPCInfo.xAPSensorFan8]</label>
        </control>
        <control>
          <type>label</type>
          <posX>500</posX>
          <posY>130</posY>
          <label>[#HTPCInfo.xAPSensorTemperatureCount][#HTPCInfo.xAPSensorTemperature1][#HTPCInfo.xAPSensorTemperature2][#HTPCInfo.xAPSensorTemperature3][#HTPCInfo.xAPSensorTemperature4][#HTPCInfo.xAPSensorTemperature5][#HTPCInfo.xAPSensorTemperature6][#HTPCInfo.xAPSensorTemperature7][#HTPCInfo.xAPSensorTemperature8]</label>
        </control>

Attachments

• htpcinfo-xap2.JPG
      htpcinfo-xap2.JPG
      70.1 KB
    • htpcinfo-xap1.JPG
      htpcinfo-xap1.JPG
      99.7 KB
    • htpcinfo-xap4.JPG
      htpcinfo-xap4.JPG
      50.6 KB
    • htpcinfo-xap3.JPG
      htpcinfo-xap3.JPG
      59.6 KB

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Pog,

... It is now displaying some info but it is not correct ...
    You use an older version of Speedfan (v4.47), the xAP message block handling of this version (all temperature values are not multiplied by 10) isn't supported anymore. Please retry your tests with the latest version of Speedfan (v4.49).

EDIT: As described on page 22 of the manual, the index starts at 0. Please adjust your skin properties (e.g. #HTPCInfo.xAPSensorTemperature0).

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

Pog

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 7, 2009
    Wicklow
    Home Country
    Ireland Ireland
    I just installed Speedfan v4.49 and I'm getting the same result as with v4.47.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Pog.

... I just installed Speedfan v4.49 and I'm getting the same result as with v4.47 ...
    strange, but maybe this a chipset related feature/issue, which was corrected internally on Speedfan UI but not in the xAP message block.
    I prepared a new core version, please retest and don't forget to adjust your properties as written in my previous post.

Cheers, Micropolis

Saranity

April 28, 2012
    Australia
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I've just installed MP 1.7.1 hotfix, installed new HTPCInfo but I find MP hangs on startup only when my WiFi is off ie no network, ONLY when HTPCInfo is enabled. If HTPCInfo is disabled MP starts fine.

Pls help as I love using HTPCInfo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom