HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Here it is, a plugin to display information about your HTPC!

Highlights:
  • displays computer specific information about your computer
  • monitoring for TV Server and TV Clients
  • functions to flush main memory, kill not responding processes, empty recycle bin and synchronize computer clock with time servers
  • Wake On LAN for computers inside to your local network
  • offers a lot of properties to include system specific informations into your own skin
  • windows tray application to monitor the TV Server acitivities
Installation:
  • download and start the suitable installer file "HTPCInfo.mpe1" from the download repository
    or
  • download and extract the attached file "HTPCInfo.zip" from this post (MediaPortal v1.6 and above) and copy all required files to your MediaPortal directory manually (see manual below for detailed instructions)
Skin Support:
  • PureVision, PureVision HD, PureVision HD Blue
  • streamedMP
  • Monochrome 16:10
  • BleazleWide
  • X-Factor
  • Black Glass
  • Blue3Wide
  • Blue3FactorHalo
  • Maya
  • aMPed
  • Avalon
  • Avallance
  • Xtreme
  • OnePortal
  • Titan
Language Support:
  • english, german, french (thx to CHli), italian (thx to mamachan, cybertex), dutch (thx to joz), hungarian (thx to twingos), danish (thx to 1stdead), swedish (thx to mr viggo, ausir), spanish (thx to bodiroga)
Requirements:
  • the plugin requires some TVServer libraries to work properly
  • if you don't have installed the TVServer, please download the file TVServer libraries.zip and copy the appropriate libraries manually into your MediaPortal installation directory
Latest Changes (for a detailed version history, please consult the attached manual):
  • v1.12.0 – enhancements to TV server/client handling, rework of configuration dialog, minor enhancements
  • v1.13.0 – functionality to share settings and profiles added, support for MediaPortal v1.12.0
  • v1.13.1 – full support for Windows 10 and DirectX 12 added, rework of message management routines, improvements to sharing functionality, maintenance
  • v1.14.0 – support for plugin framework v1.4.0, support for MediaPortal v1.13.0
  • v1.14.1 – maintenance release, support for MediaPortal v1.14.0
  • v1.15.0 - re-compiled release, deconstruction of not working functionalities, support for MediaPortal v1.15.0 and higher

GUI Screenshots.JPG

This is a stable version and was tested with Windows 7, 8 and 10 only, please report any bugs in this thread.

If you would like to show your appreciation and also help me to continue to provide free software please make a donation by clicking here. Thank you.

Attachments

• MediaPortal v1.3 TV Libraries.zip
    360.9 KB
  • HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor for MediaPortal.pdf
    470.2 KB
  • HTPCInfo Diagnostic Tool v2.3.1.zip
    746.2 KB
  • HTPCInfo Gauge Image Creator v1.1.1.zip
    666.6 KB
  • HTPCInfo for MediaPortal.pdf
    1.5 MB
  • HTPCInfo v1.15.0.zip
    5.3 MB
Last edited:

tune

Portal Member
May 14, 2009
Hey, nice plugin =) ...but mp gives me an error that htpcinfo.plugin ist incompatible with my current mp version and won´t be loaded although i am using ver 1.0.2. :mad:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hey, nice plugin =) ...but mp gives me an error that htpcinfo.plugin ist incompatible with my current mp version and won´t be loaded although i am using ver 1.0.2. :mad:

Hello tune,
to understand the problem, I need a little bit more informations. Please give me informations about your current MP version and which application (main, configuration) gives the error.

Cheers, Micropolis

tune

Portal Member
May 14, 2009
Hi, my current MP Version is 1.0.2.0 and the error comes when entering the MP Configuration and opening plugins.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi, my current MP Version is 1.0.2.0 and the error comes when entering the MP Configuration and opening plugins.

Hi tune,
I've made some small changes to the plugin and check the configuration dialog with XP, Vista and Win7.
Please check the new version v0.4.1 and give me a feedback, thx.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

tune

Portal Member
May 14, 2009
ok, thx no more errors BUT don ´t know how to use the plugin :confused:

As i understand there are 2 opportunities to install it:
1. adding a button in basichome.xml ??
2. changing basichome.xml in the way that informations are directly visible in e.g. home screen

I think that this is a very nice and useful plugin but in my opinion at the moment its not very "user-friendly".
I started working with mp as a noob about 5 month ago and until now I get everything working fine (Blueray with pdvd, Mail, TV etc.) but for me its too laborious to learn how to edit xml files. For most new mp users its impossible.
Perhaps theres a possibility to do an easyer installation with right click "list in basic home" ore an MPI file... or a "how to" in this thread

Its not bad meant but i hope that you understand what i mean and i am looking forward that the development goes on :D:cool:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi tune,
thx for your feedback.

At the moment I can understand, that it is very complicated to add the HTPC related informations to your skin. You need some basic developer knowhow.

But what is the best way to include some properties to your skin?

First possibility
  • go to your skin directory and find the window, where you want to include the informations, e.g. basichome.xml
  • open it with a text editor
  • include a control section in the following form:
    <control>
    <description>Value</description>
    <type>label</type>
    <id>1</id>
    <posX>10</posX>
    <posY>10</posY>
    <font>font10</font>
    <label>#HTPCInfo.MachineName</label>
    </control>
  • the label attribute contains the attribute, which you want to display (for more informations please take a look into the documentation)
  • edit the label, e.g. <label>#HTPCInfo.ProcessorUsage</label> to display CPU usage informations (more properties you can find in the attached documentation)
  • save the file and refresh/reload the window

Second possibility
  • go to your skin directory and find the window, where you want to include the informations, e.g. basichome.xml
  • open it with a text editor
  • include a control section in the following form:
    <control>
    <description>HTPCInfo</description>
    <type>button</type>
    <id>2</id>
    <label>HTPCInfo</label>
    <hyperlink>7972</hyperlink>
    </control>
    [*] save the file and refresh/reload the window
    [*] after pressing the button, a window htpcinfo.xml opens

If you want a version, which creates a specific entry in your home or plugin menu, I can post this tomorrow. After your feedback, I think it is a good idea to include these functionality permamently.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

tune

Portal Member
May 14, 2009
Hi Micropolis,
thx for your reply. Doesnt work on my htpc. To display the information in homescreen i have to edit myhome.xml.

If i ad this

<description>Value</description>
<type>label</type>
<id>1</id>
<posX>10</posX>
<posY>10</posY>
<font>font10</font>
<label>#HTPCInfo.MachineName</label>
</control>

this line appears "#HTPCInfo.MachineName" in homescreen and if i try this "#HTPCInfo.ProcessorUsageas" its the same.
Second way is to add a button. The button appears in home but if i click it there`s "bad or invalid file: empty"
I controlled all the xml files if i have moved them into the right folder but everything is fine there.
Which Speedfan Version do you use?

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi tune,
ok, next try.

With the new release v0.4.5 you have the chance to choose between a background and a menu version.

• Background Mode: This type does not have a menu entry. This is useful, when you only include some specific properties into your existing skin files.
  • Menu Mode: This type shows a menu in your home or plugin menu and opens a new window to display specific properties.

Now I want to answer your questions:
  • To see the property values (e.g. machine name, processor usage) immediately after starting MediaPortal, please set the option "Load property values on startup" in the configuration dialog.
  • The error "bad or invalid file: empty" can occur, when the file htpcinfo.xml cannot be found in your skin folder. Please check it.
  • The property "#HTPCInfo.ProcessorUsageas" does not exist, because of this you will see only this text.
  • Actually, I use Speedfan Version 4.39
I hope, that the new version and the revised documentation can fix your problem. Thx for your feedback.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom