HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (2 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello @c-_-k, @catavolt, @azzuro,
... I have the same issues as Azzuro. No sensor data are available (opengardwaremonitor). In the config sensors are detected...
maybe my imagination has been lost but after a lot of checks with the current HTPCInfo version 1.11.4 I'm not able to detect the root cause for your problem(s).
So please make sure, that
  • all plugins of my collection are up to date on your machine,
  • OpenHardwareMonitor 0.6.0 or higher is installed and running,
  • sensor monitoring is enabled in the configuration,
  • sensor detection in the configuration has been performed (when it's not working, see next paragraph),
  • the option "Build property name by related sensor name" is checked in case you want to use skin properties like "#HTPCInfo.SensorTemperatureCPU" / unchecked when you decide to use skin properties like "#HTPCInfo.SensorTemperature0",
  • the skin property follows the naming convention as explained in the manual (no extra points, no spaces, case sensitive)
  • I'm able to have the chance to analyze your log and configuration files.
In case the HTPCInfo configuration is not able to detect sensors from a running OpenHardwareMonitor instance, please perform the following steps and post your results (incl. screenshots) here:
  • install the application "WMI Explorer", see here
  • start the application with administrative rights, open the menu "Action" and select "Connect to host/namespace"
  • enter "root\OpenHardwareMonitor" into the name space field and select "Ok"
  • in the "Classes" overview search for "Sensor" and select the entry
  • in the "Instances" list select each entry and collect all lines, where "SensorType" is "Temperature", "Fan" or "Voltage"
Micropolis

c-_-k

Portal Member
March 8, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello @c-_-k, @catavolt, @azzuro,
... I have the same issues as Azzuro. No sensor data are available (opengardwaremonitor). In the config sensors are detected...
maybe my imagination has been lost but after a lot of checks with the current HTPCInfo version 1.11.4 I'm not able to detect the root cause for your problem(s).
So please make sure, that
  • all plugins of my collection are up to date on your machine,
  • OpenHardwareMonitor 0.6.0 or higher is installed and running,
  • sensor monitoring is enabled in the configuration,
  • sensor detection in the configuration has been performed (when it's not working, see next paragraph),
  • the option "Build property name by related sensor name" is checked in case you want to use skin properties like "#HTPCInfo.SensorTemperatureCPU" / unchecked when you decide to use skin properties like "#HTPCInfo.SensorTemperature0",
  • the skin property follows the naming convention as explained in the manual (no extra points, no spaces, case sensitive)
  • I'm able to have the chance to analyze your log and configuration files.
Micropolis

Hi Micropolis,

Thanks a lot for your help. I don't get the HTPCInfo skin working but I could implement the Sensor data to the defaultwide skin (see screenshot). The key was to uncheck "Build property name by related sensor name". Only CPU usage is empty. The HTPCinfo skin is partly not working (see screenshot). do you have a solution for both issues? Which logs do you need for a detailed review? Is it possible to reset all HTPCInfo settings, uninstalling does not work!

Thanks,
c-_-k

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    348.1 KB
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    623.5 KB
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    593.5 KB
Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello c-_-k,
... Only CPU usage is empty ...
This is a totally different issue as described before, because HTPCInfo use Windows Performance Counter interfaces to display this value.I excpect, that this interface cannot be initialized correctly on your machine. As written in a previous post (see here), you can try to solve the issue by executing the command "lodctr /r" from an elevated command prompt. If this also does not help, try to start MediaPortal with administrative rights.

... The HTPCinfo skin is partly not working ...
From my point of view it does not make sense to offer generic skin files incl. sensor properties, because each HTPC can have different sensor counts and types. Because of this, you should adapt the skin files for yourself in case you want to use this feature. Sorry.

... Which logs do you need for a detailed review? ...
At least "mediaportal.log", "mediaportal-error.log" and your setting file "mediaportal.xml".

... Is it possible to reset all HTPCInfo settings ...
Open the settings file "mediaportal.xml" (normally this file is located in the directory C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal) in a text editor, search for the section name "HTPC Info" and delete each line between <section name="HTPC Info"> and </section>.

Micropolis

dangerzone

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
delft
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I did a clean install of mepo 1.11 pre and now the htpcinfo plugin trows a error When i click on the config button in mepo config/plugins.
I have a multiseat setup, the tv server is working 100% and on the cliënt side is everything working ok.

I have copy'd over the tv-library files button It does not work.
The tvserver monitor is working on both so required files are ok ?
Screenshot_2015-03-20-11-01-07.png Screenshot_2015-03-20-11-01-22.png
tv-server "service" not found but that is running on my server.

any idea what I am doing wrong?
Best regards Marco.

Attachments

• MediaPortal.xml
    58.5 KB
Last edited:

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello dangerzone,
... I did a clean install of mepo 1.11 pre and now the htpcinfo plugin trows a error ...
sorry for my slow reply but due to business needs I don't have the time currently to browse and trace the MediaPortal forum.
The issue you've reported is very strange, because the message should only occur when the current configuration is corrupt. After taking a look into your uploaded mediaportal.xml I'm not able to find any HTPCInfo related configuration entries. Some minutes before I've made a retest including a fresh HTPCInfo installation, but it works as expected with version 1.10 and above and also with the latest pre-release version of MediaPortal.
To analyze the problem in an efficient way tomorrow, please give me a full set of log files. Maybe this helps to identify the issue.

Regards, Micropolis

dangerzone

Portal Pro
January 12, 2009
delft
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Ok, deleted the log files and did a uninstall , found de new version in mpem and installed htpcinfo 1.11.5.0, get to the config and the same errors are there.
hope you see something in the logs.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,
... and the same errors are there ...
please replace all HTPCInfo libraries with the attached test version and try again.

TIP: the next time please explain before, how you have installed the MediaPortal TV Server libraries. Only after a lot of attempts I was able to identify that you probably used the MediaPortal TV installer package to install the client. When you say "... I have copy'd over the tv-library files ..." my mind goes into a different direction.

Maybe it should be required to develop a small change to the configuration dialog also to fully support TV Server monitoring for network machines and the installation procedures you've used. Please be patient...

EDIT: Outdated attachment removed.

Micropolis

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom