HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is the source code for the tray application available?

Last edited:

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    @Micropolis
    Do i have to place the TVServer Monitor.exe to a special place? I get the following Error on Start.

upload_2015-11-22_11-45-36.png

Tried to start it on a single Seat Setup with Windows 10.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Brudertac,
    ... Do i have to place the TVServer Monitor.exe to a special place? ...
    The best place is the MediaPortal installation directory itself or a directory, where the libraries "tvcontrol.dll", "tvlibrary.interfaces.dll", "powerscheduler.interfaces.dll", all related TVServer libraries and the MediaPortal core libraries can be found.

Micropolis

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Brudertac,
    ... Do i have to place the TVServer Monitor.exe to a special place? ...
    The best place is the MediaPortal installation directory itself or a directory, where the libraries "tvcontrol.dll", "tvlibrary.interfaces.dll", "powerscheduler.interfaces.dll", all related TVServer libraries and the MediaPortal core libraries can be found.

Micropolis

Thanks. Now it works. And direct some Questions:

- It lists all installed Cards. TV, Radio, DVB-C etc... Also it lists deaktivated Cards. Any way to disable that and list only active Cards?
    - Space: unavailable. What does it need to get free space info?

Thanks!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Brudertac,

... It lists all installed Cards. TV, Radio, DVB-C etc... Also it lists deaktivated Cards. Any way to disable that and list only active Cards? ...
    Sure, but from my point of view the tool itself needs a small code "refresh" before. I'll inform you, when a test version is available.

... Space: unavailable. What does it need to get free space info? ...
    Currently the hard disk space information are only displayed when a recording or timeshift process is running. Due to the fact that I do not know, what your recording folder is, I'm not able to display the free space. But maybe a overview for all available hard disks would help?

Regards, Micropolis

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Brudertac,

... It lists all installed Cards. TV, Radio, DVB-C etc... Also it lists deaktivated Cards. Any way to disable that and list only active Cards? ...
    Sure, but from my point of view the tool itself needs a small code "refresh" before. I'll inform you, when a test version is available.

... Space: unavailable. What does it need to get free space info? ...
    Currently the hard disk space information are only displayed when a recording or timeshift process is running. Due to the fact that I do not know, what your recording folder is, I'm not able to display the free space. But maybe a overview for all available hard disks would help?

Regards, Micropolis

Thanks. Regarding the free Space i didn´t see that the Tool shows the Info when a Recording is running. Normaly that woud be enough.... But if you like to add a overview - that would be not bad! (y)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Brudertac,
    ... Regarding the free Space i didn´t see that the Tool shows the Info when a Recording is running ...
    maybe you've found a regression bug or the space information cannot be detected, because it's not a logical drive on your HTPC. Do you save your recordings to a network folder or NAS?

@tom_ktom, @hurley: I've seen your discussion regarding a recording indicator in the thread "Visual indicator when recording", you can use the property #HTPCInfo.TVServerConnectionState in combination with #HTPCInfo.TVDevice<digit>... (see manual for more) to display a flag, self made icon and a detailed status text in your skin on any place you like. The only requirement is a running and well configured HTPCInfo plugin and personal changes to your preferred skin. Hints about skin enhancements can be found in different threads of this forum.

Cheers, Micropolis

Last edited:

hurley

Portal Pro
    February 2, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Hi @Micropolis, RE Thread: Visual indicator when recording

I just replied to @tom_ktom about using serial port pins to drive recording indicator LED's and it struck me as a great idea for a plugin.
    My second thought was that it would be a perfect addition to your HTPCInfo plugin since you already have the infrastructure in place to monitor recording state. Rather than writing a separate plugin.
    How are you placed for free time..? If you're itching to write some more code, may I put that forward as a feature request.

In terms of features it would ideally have:
    • Configuration page with a mapping table to map tuners/cards to serial ports and pins (DTR, RTS, BreakState).
    • Option to have user selected port/pin used to indicate any cards recording. (Main rec indicator)
    Other lower priority ideas:
    • Maybe have an option to flash the LED's if drive space is low or system temps high etc..
    • Timeshifting/Grabbing indicator.
    • Perhaps interface with Arduino.
    Open that up to other user's ideas too...

On the code front: System.IO.Ports.SerialPort has all the pin switching guff needed.

I've taken for granted having recording indicator LED's on my HTPC for many years, largely thanks to you sharing your source code. So big thank you for your work and sharing!
    Perhaps others would appreciate a simple way to get lights on their TV box. :)

regards, hurley

-----

Edit: This idea may already be taken on by @Stéphane Lenclud. ref: TV Engine 3 Plugins

Last edited:

Brudertac

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 26, 2006
    Augsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello @Brudertac,
    ... Regarding the free Space i didn´t see that the Tool shows the Info when a Recording is running ...
    maybe you've found a regression bug or the space information cannot be detected, because it's not a logical drive on your HTPC. Do you save your recordings to a network folder or NAS?

Cheers, Micropolis

Uh sorry, i was not clear enough. I meant that i just not opened the Details Screen while a Recording is running. Thats because i didn´t see that it shows the Free Space when a recording is running.
    So this is working fine! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom