HTPCInfo plugin v1.15.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (1 Viewer)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Dear community,
this plugin has been updated to version 1.12.0. In order to prevent problems and errors with other plugins of my collection, please update all plugins to the newest versions simultaneously

Cheers, Micropolis

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    hello micropolis,
    tested your version,
    no more error on config.

the only issue i have, is the openhardwaremonitor value, are not displayed on GUI.

Let me know. What you need for help you.
    TV session or logs

Last edited:

kdschlosser

Portal Member
    February 26, 2015
    Evergreen CO
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello.

I am in the process of doing more of a centralized management of my media Portal clients. I have moved all of the Application Data to a Server. all the directory changed have been made in all of the appropriate places. i have about 20 plugins and only 2 left now with an error. and I have searched high and low for a reference to the Appdata folder for HTPCInfo. I am unable to locate one. i am not sure if it has been coded into the plugin dll. and if so does it use the directory referenced in the MediaPortalDirs.xml file. or does it use %appdata%. i didn't want to have to make a symlink in order for this to work properly. gets messy. I have found alot of the plugins to have their own references to where the appdata folder is located. here is the error i get and would like to know if there is a simple solution to fix the error it is actually the first line that gets spit out into a log file when MP is run. and the only line that is spit out for HTPCInfo.

[2015-05-15 03:24:04,566] [Error ] [MPMain ] [ERROR] - Exception in HTPCInfo.Plugin.Preinit() System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\ProgramData\team mediaportal\mediaportal\Skin\Titan\media\HTPCInfo\Default'.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
    at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption)
    at HTPCInfo.Plugin.(Boolean , String )
    at HTPCInfo.Plugin. ()
    at HTPCInfo.Plugin.  ()
    at HTPCInfo.Plugin.PreInit()
    at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.<PreInit>b__d(GUIWindow window)

Thanks again
    Kevin

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Dear community,
    I'm happy to present you the newest release of HTPCInfo, which can be downloaded from the well known places as usual. This version contains a shelveset to share your plugin related settings and profiles across devices and services. In principle all network storages, cloud services (e.g. OneDrive, Dropbox) or any other storage you would like to use should work as expected.

To allow such a functionality, major changes inside the plugin code was necessary. Before using this new version and/or the sharing feature, it is highly recommended to follow the steps below:
    • Before starting with settings and profile sharing, possible device or service specific configurations should be checked to prevent access or synchronization problems later. For more information, please take a look into the manual (chapter "Settings and Profile Sharing") or the troubleshooting guide.
    • In case you decide to disregard the sharing feature, the plugin will work in the same way as before.

Unfortunately from now on the release rate of this plugin must be reduced due to time and budget issues. I'm not able any longer to work nearly each evening on plugin improvements or enhancements. Of course bug fix releases will be published in a regular way, possibly in combination with the release cycle of MediaPortal. If you would support future development, I was pleased to receive a small donation. This would help to bring my 5-years old development environment back up to date. The donation link can be found in the first post of this thread and in the about box of the plugin.

Of course, I continue to look forward to your feedback, bug reports or feature requests. How quickly such changes can be implemented, the future will answer it.

Thank you and regards,
    Micropolis

osksa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2015
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi, very nice plugin! I have the htpc info page inside MediaPortal and it is working fine. But I would very much like to use the TV Server Monitor tray application, so I downloaded the zip file HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor v1.1.1.zip from the first post in this thread. Inside there is only one file, HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor.exe, the manual talks about more stuff. But nevermind, I place this file inside the folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal which is my MediaPortal installation folder and start it. The icon in the taskbar is always gray, and hovering gives message like "TvServer: Localhost: Searching...". However if I right-click and enter details, all my TV cards are there, with correct information. For example, if card X is recording, this is indicated in details. But the icon still says searching.

Can anybody give me a hint at what I'm doing wrong? I also tried placing the .exe file in C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server, same result. Running Win7x64, MediaPortal version 1.12. This computer is both TV client and TV server so localhost seems correct to me. Windows firewall blocked the application on first run, but I choose to allow it. Also tried deactivating windows firewall totally, still same result.

Thank you in advance. /New mediaportal user, just migrated from Windows Media Center due to (future) Windows 10 upgrade.

Last edited:

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    The latest version are of the plugin are 1.13.1.0. So please use the Mediaportal Extensions Manager for downloading plugins!
    This will help you to have you're plugins up to date and installed right!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello osksa,
    ... Can anybody give me a hint at what I'm doing wrong? ...

welcome to the MediaPortal community, I'm happy to see you as a user of my plugin collection.
    Regarding your described problem I cannot give you a quick solution yet, because I'm not able to identify your complete HTPC configuration in detail. But let's start with some basics now.
    • The default refresh rate is set to 60 seconds, therefore the monitor application needs this time range after starting to identify and connect to the TV server.
    • Under some circumstances and depending on your network and firewall configuration, the monitor application can run into problems to resolve "localhost". This may result in a wrong determination of the IP address.
    • Minimum requirements to coloring the status icon is 1) the TV server is accessible, 2) the monitor application can connect to the TV server service and 3) the TV card reports correct results.
    In the first step I would suggest to download the attached package and to extract the content to a separate folder. Now, please open an elevated command prompt and try to start the monitor application with the parameters described in the manual. Please try it with your computer name, your IP address and a lower refresh rate. Please observe the behavior of the status icon and report your results.

Due to the fact that I'm on a business trip outside of Europe, I'm not able to react in a normal way. Additionally, I have limited access to my development environment only. In case we cannot solve the issue under these circumstances, a second (and deeper) analysis should be forced for end of October.

Cheers, Micropolis

Attachments

• HTPCInfo TV Server Monitor v1.1.2.zip
      232.2 KB

osksa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 18, 2015
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi, thank you for a fast response even out of office!

In the first step I would suggest to download the attached package and to extract the content to a separate folder. Now, please open an elevated command prompt and try to start the monitor application with the parameters described in the manual. Please try it with your computer name, your IP address and a lower refresh rate. Please observe the behavior of the status icon and report your results.

Ok, I downloaded, extracted the .exe file, and moved it to C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal. Opened an elevated command prompt and ran
    Code:
    "HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor.exe" 192.168.1.250 10
    Where first argument is my current IP adress, of course =) Results are similar as above. Icon never changes, hovering over it give message
    TVServer: 192.168.1.250 - Searching ...
    Rightclicking->Details still correct, showing all TV-cards with correct status.

Also tried some variants, as you mentioned using computer name as first argument although this is not listed in the manual:
    Code:
    "HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor.exe" osksa-PC 192.168.1.250 10
    and
    Code:
    "HTPCInfo TVServer Monitor.exe" localhost 30
    localhost seems to resolve correctly to my IP adress, visible in the hover-message and at the top of the details dialoge.

Tried starting it with windows firewall OFF and my antivirus program Avast deactivated.

The latest version are of the plugin are 1.13.1.0. So please use the Mediaportal Extensions Manager for downloading plugins!
    This will help you to have you're plugins up to date and installed right!
    Thank you, barneh, I checked and I have the lastest version of the plugin, 1.13.1.0. Note that I am talking about the TVServer Monitor (tray) application, which has its own versioning and is currently on 1.1.1.0.

EDIT: Ok suddenly it started working. Day after just noted it was red since recording. After a restart it went back to gray and "searching..." for hours. Now it just went green again. Don't understand... Works fine for everybody else?

Last edited:

eccoFatto

Portal Member
    February 24, 2011
    Rome
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    I give up. I've been studying the entire manual and trying all the way, but I'm not able to configure HTPC Info to read the sensors of Open Hardware Monitor.
    Morever, I'd like to display the gauges, but they don't appear with th skin I'm using (aMPed),
    I'm running MePo 1.12.
    Here's a screenshot of my system.
    Please help!!
    screen.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom